Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Admiral X
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Admiral X »

I'd honestly like to see what he thinks of this one:

youtu.be/cNZkJFJacTM
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I'd like him to do the Expanse show rather than the book.
lsgreg
Officer

Post by lsgreg »

Did I ever mention that he should review Stranger things? And also the evolution of Steve's hair in the show....Need to be separate reviews though.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

i notice code geass has been added to the anime section so it seems he is going to be reviewing code geass
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Not necessarily a specific movie, but sometime I'd like to see a review of an over the top Chinese Kung Fu movie. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Curse of the Golden Flower, House of Flying Daggers, Kung Fu Hustle. There are some light fantasy elements to these films that might qualify them for Chuck. Still, I would understand if they were not suitable. But they're films I enjoy, and I like to see Chuck go outside of his comfort zone every now and then.
tenkiforecast
Redshirt

Post by tenkiforecast »

I'd say Princess Tutu.

Yes, if you haven't heard of the show, you probably expect it to be a meme to watch a generic magical girl show about dancing.

Princess Tutu is like Madoka Magica in the sense its first episodes are misleading and more engaging on rewatch. The twists made later in the series are foreshadowed in early episodes, but the whimsy is kept higher early on to make the turns after the introductions more dramatic. The entire show becomes an examination on the power of narrative, how narrative effects the lives of its cast, and what makes a fulfilling story. The show's villain is one of my absolute favorites in fiction because the antagonist's perspective on the topic is so warped.

This all takes place in a show where a girl heals people's hearts with ballet. The show's main flaw, I think, is the more whimsical aspect of the show lasts 5-6 episodes instead of Madoka's 2.
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

You know, thinking about it with how there are sci-fi and fantasy themes in it...

...I kinda want him to try tackling the current DuckTales series.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
StChef
Redshirt

Post by StChef »

Kung Fu Hustle would be an awesome quick one for Chuck imo. Bunraku as well would be just amazing.

I'm surprised he hasn't reviewed The Last Starfighter. A great movie with really, REALLY dated graphics, but they help add to the charm of the movie anyway.

A movie that would be hilarious for review would be Batman Ninja. I mean what the hell were they smoking when that movie was conceived?

Ben 10 would be a fun show as well for reviews.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

CaptainCalvinCat wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 12:01 pm I think, Knight Rider in its entirety could be something, Chuck could have fun with.
About two years ago I paid/donated for two movie reviews. I waited and waited and waited. (That's how backed-up Charles actually is. He's very popular. ;) ) After waiting for so long I got to thinking about Knight Rider and felt that it would make for better reviews. Sooo, I contacted Chuck and he agreed to switch-out the two movies for four episodes of Knight Rider. All are from the first season: The pilot 'Knight of the Phoenix' parts 1 and 2, 'Trust Doesn't Rust' and another episode I can't think of off the top of my head.

This exchange occurred many months ago and I'm still waiting. Since Herbert Jefferson Jr. from the 78' BSG makes a brief appearance in Knight of the Phoenix and Peter Cullen from Transformers provides the voice of K.A.R.R. in Trust Doesn't Rust, I've got a good feeling that my Knight Rider reviews aren't too far away.
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

we need to clone him so he can do more reviews