Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Steve »

Deledrius wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:09 pm I agree. It's a generally-good show with a lot of positive and relatively-unique elements to talk about, but still with enough shortcomings that would provide ample opportunity for his constructive responses as well.
Personally, I think one of the biggest flaws is that the creative staff often don't think through the ramifications of some of the things they put in. A complaint that is not unique to them, of course, given Chuck's remarks about things like the floaty wispy alien in Dr. Who "Fear Her" and the Crystalline Entity in Star Trek. The scope of Lapis' talents is the biggest example I can conceive, given the capabilities she displayed in her first appearance.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Watchmen. The movie, though comparisons to the comic would be perfectly welcome.

It's an interesting story that I think may have had an influence on comics since. And I want to see if Chuck makes a "blue balls" joke.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

GrantM wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 pm Adventure Time and Steven Universe......why no one has requested 2 of the greatest animated shows ever made is a mystery to me
He might have closed the queue for new series by the time SU really started going.

But they're both such longrunners, and each episode so short (and generally isolated until they get to arcs later on), and in AT's case often so RANDOM, they'd both be pretty hard shows to handle individual episodes of, and going in sequence and starting at the start would be a looooong trip loaded with some filler. And you can't just jump to the plot heavy episodes because without context Chuck would just be lost, so what would be the point?

The series like Trek, Who, XFiles, Babylon 5, and Stargate that have run forever and have hundreds of episodes work as part of the dna of this site, and you can feel that given enough time, Chuck will eventually cover all the interesting episodes of those. But the 200 episode cartoons he hasn't done any of yet are kind of... more daunting. Compared to a stand alone 12 or 26 episode anime.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

If he ever opens the requests to anime again, I'm requesting Dragon Ball Z Kai. And then Dragon Ball Super.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 am If he ever opens the requests to anime again, I'm requesting Dragon Ball Z Kai. And then Dragon Ball Super.
No. Please. Just don't.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

It's my money. And other options are closed to me. So yeah, if he does, I'm putting those down for review.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:59 am It's my money. And other options are closed to me. So yeah, if he does, I'm putting those down for review.
What about them specifically do you think he'd enjoy watching and reviewing?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

It's Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super. It borrows a lot from the superhero/sci-fi genre.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Deledrius wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:16 am
Yukaphile wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:59 am It's my money. And other options are closed to me. So yeah, if he does, I'm putting those down for review.
What about them specifically do you think he'd enjoy watching and reviewing?
Or us watching him review it? If the Kannazuki no Miko reviews thaught us one thing, then it is that we should not burden him with having to watch extranious shit. It's just not fun for him or for us and his schedule is packed enough as is. Watching a show that has such a broad backstory like DB and is episodes upon episodes of Goku charging up his newest Genkisuperduperdama against BigBadoftheArc#154687564132132131+1 isn't fun or interesting.

Throw him some money to review Knights of Sidonia, Serial Experiments Lain or just a plain and good old Miyazaki movie, but not DB. Feel free to request a generalized review of the franchise, similar to how he reviewed Marvel comics, but please don't make him (and us) watch and review 131 (Super) or 167 (Kai) episodes of something he never watched before and quite likely hasn't got any interest in the first place.
Last edited by Madner Kami on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

That's my point. If someone is commissioning all those anime requests, then I have every right to ask for this, especially since it's more relevant than many others I could choose. Elfen Lied or Fate/Stay Night. When I discussed those, people also expressed disinterest or revulsion, and I happen to love Fate/Stay Night. The love story between Saber and Shirou is the most beautiful pairing I have seen in fiction, like a fairy tale romance, and... it feels very dismissive, tbh. So if I want to do this, well, I will! Of course, before that, I have three other things I've been considering doing, and that's movie requests. I can only choose one, which would either be Green Lantern: First Flight, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, or Justice League: War. But no one seemed interested in that thread. :(