Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:46 am That's my point. If someone is commissioning all those anime requests, then I have every right to ask for this, especially since it's more relevant than many others I could choose. Elfen Lied or Fate/Stay Night. When I discussed those, people also expressed disinterest or revulsion, and I happen to love Fate/Stay Night. The love story between Saber and Shirou is the most beautiful pairing I have seen in fiction, like a fairy tale romance, and... it feels very dismissive, tbh. So if I want to do this, well, I will! Of course, before that, I have three other things I've been considering doing, and that's movie requests. I can only choose one, which would either be Green Lantern: First Flight, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, or Justice League: War. But no one seemed interested in that thread. :(
If you put your opinion out into the open, then expect people to disagree with you. You have every right to ask him to do those reviews and I have every right to ask you not to.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Why would you want to torture him with either Elfen Lied or any of the Dragon Ball series? I can tell you right off he'd probably hate Elfen Lied as much or more as he did Kannazuki no Miko. Probably more. So unless you like the idea of pissing him off, you probably don't want to have him do that one. As for Dragon Ball, maybe a few episodes. Much like with Full Moon, while I'm sure the person who ponied up for the entire series just loves it, the thing is, while you might love the hell out of DBZ or whatever, the fact is, it's a very long series, and it'll wear Chuck trying to slog through all that, and it'll wear the vast majority of the audience out either trying to watch it, or more likely, just having to skip out for however long it takes him to make his way through it. I don't know how many other people skipped out on Full Moon days, but after the first few of them, I sure did.

Fate/Stay night seems like the most doable one out of what you brought up, though I have to admit that I got bored with that one and couldn't even finish it due to just how slow it moved. It's kind of like how Gantz has this reputation for sex and violence, but for me its worst sin is that it has horrible pacing. But at least it has a more traditional anime series structure, as opposed to DBZ's shonen continuous slog for however long they took to get through everything.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

You'd also have to consider the possibility that any request of 100+ episodes in one go might be rejected outright anyway. Full Moon reviews started over four years ago, and that's only gotten 32 episodes into it by now. Tossing something in the queue that will still be in there over a decade later might not be something he'd be enthusiastic about, especially when the sci-fi/fantasy elements and the potential for character/plot analysis are a very distant backdrop to the shonen fighting action. It's not on the donation page currently, but a prior version of it included some phrase along the lines of "These are voluntary donations and requests only, not work-for-hire."

And yeah, I remember watching through Fate/Stay Night on Netflix or Hulu or Crunchyroll or something a few years ago and I don't think I made it to the halfway point before stopping out of disinterest.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

At least we can take some comfort in the knowledge that even if Yukaphile donates money for those episodes and Chuck agrees to do them it's still going to be two, or possibly even three years until he gets to them. In less than four months it's going to be three years since I donated for some requests and what I asked for still isn't on the schedule.
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

On the anime subject, on a level I'd kind of like to see him try out Danganronpa, but that has quite a few hangups with it - it's really only actually good in the (much longer) game form and the anime is very stripped down and lacking in character by comparison, and for most of it the only sci-fi elements they're being upfront with are Monokuma and Alter Ego so it'd be an awkward thing to approach until the endgame when those elements start becoming more critical to the plot.

Still, think some fun could be derived from it, since while I love the series the plot is absolutely absurd and has no shortage of stupid things you can make fun of. And at the same time there's a lot to decipher and interpret with it, in particular think someone could probably go on for days dissecting the main villain's motivations in both serious and comedic ways.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I mean if I wanted to torture Chuck there's Excel Saga, which I greatly enjoy but don't see how Chuck would.

But I'm not interested in hear Chuck suffer.
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

Robovski wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm I mean if I wanted to torture Chuck there's Excel Saga, which I greatly enjoy but don't see how Chuck would.

But I'm not interested in hear Chuck suffer.
Oh yeah. I love Excel Saga but if you're not a very particular kind of person that show would be agonizing.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Robovski wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm But I'm not interested in hear Chuck suffer.
Same here. At least not more than in tiny, humorous doses, of the sort he's already used to with Neelix. Certainly not an entire show. We had that already, and it was mercifully "short".
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

wonder what he would think of the she-ra reboot
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

My Hero Academia definitely. Would dig him reviewing the series by episode bunches or arcs.