Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Wargriffin
Captain

Re: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Post by Wargriffin »

Gotham lusts for Tim drake after all
https://imgur.com/LMzHf5e

Gotham is festering ceasepool of incompetence, moral cowardice, and corruption

The GCP flip flops from competent but under equipped/funded to corrupt to the point Gordon's Commissioner as a point of giving him a position he has no real power in.

Arkham being both a prison and mental hospital is ridiculous

WHO THE FUCK PUTS SOLOMON GRUNDY IN ARKHAM

HE'S NOT CRAZY, HE'S A ZOMBIE!!!

Gotham isn't written like a real city 'Its in love with Tim Drake after all' Its written more like its an MMO Raid Dungeon full of re spawning baddies to fight

Its Tomb of Horrors the City

Seriously Bruce pretty much has a Justice league branch for Gotham with how big the bat family is and the outsiders and it still doesn't make a dent in Gotham's darkness
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I've thought in the past about how encapsulated Gotham comes off as an incorporation. Sure they hear from the president every now and then, but the level to which these escalations occur would just beg some military intervention or something. Like I'm sure some of these are at least state crimes to which a baddie might end up somewhere other than Arkham, but what happens in Gotham stays in Gotham. Oh yeah and never any court of appeals to go beyond the municipality.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Wargriffen, after I read that link, snakes began physically manifesting in my home.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Tonesthegeek
Redshirt

Post by Tonesthegeek »

It's actually kind of sad that we'd not see Andrea again till Waller hires her to kill Terry McGinnis' parents decades later. Would have been interesting to know what she was up to since then and what was her ultimate fate, she's not even featured in memory in Batman beyond when Bruce reminisces about the special women in his life.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I had a slight wonder if that was Phantasm at the end of JLU s1. I don't mind it really, but it's so obscure in tone.

And why would Andrea even do that lo?
..What mirror universe?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:09 am I had a slight wonder if that was Phantasm at the end of JLU s1. I don't mind it really, but it's so obscure in tone.

She did it because Waller tracked her down and talked her into it, arguing that the future needs a Batman.

Andrea agreed, but she couldn't go through with it, since at the end of the day that isn't what Bruce would want, and killing mobsters is different from killing innocent parents.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:38 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:09 am I had a slight wonder if that was Phantasm at the end of JLU s1. I don't mind it really, but it's so obscure in tone.

She did it because Waller tracked her down and talked her into it, arguing that the future needs a Batman.

Andrea agreed, but she couldn't go through with it, since at the end of the day that isn't what Bruce would want, and killing mobsters is different from killing innocent parents.
Killing guys who have it coming is alot different then intentionally traumatizing a kid
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 am Wargriffen, after I read that link, snakes began physically manifesting in my home.
Its suppose to be bats since Gotham's patron Nether God is Batbartos
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:38 pm She did it because Waller tracked her down and talked her into it, arguing that the future needs a Batman.
Well yes this is exactly what we're shown and told, though I'm not certain if they explicitly say it's her or not.
If she's truly a mask of her alter ego, as Chuck has so elegantly posited, I guess it would make sense. And it's definitely consistent with Waller's use of people in such fashion for such purposes.

It's just that everything that we see in MotP, it's just weird thinking she'd turn around and do the same thing to someone else.
..What mirror universe?
Eishtmo
Officer

Post by Eishtmo »

Andrea is in a unique position to understand EXACTLY what made Batman Batman. It's probably why it was initially easy for Waller to convince her to do it. But when the time came to pull the trigger, what humanity she had left stopped her. In someways, it was likely a bit of redemption for her.

Should be noted even Waller accepted it and didn't interfere again. It still happened, but not the same way, letting Terry actually grow up first, Bruce never really got that.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yes Yes a captivating moment for all involved.
..What mirror universe?