Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Chaos Sepher »

On the topic of kaiju films, would be awesome if Chuck reviewed the 90's Gamera Trilogy. Consisting of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Gamera vs Legion, and Gamera: Revenge of Iris. They are seriously some of my all time favorite kaiju films and would be interesting to see him take a look at em.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

As the Godzilla topic reminded me, would also be cool if Chuck reviewed Godzilla the Series. Made by the same people as such series as Men in Black and Big Guy and Rusty. Godzilla 98 was mediocre, but the cartoon series based on it was very good and really earns the name Godzilla.
S1l3nc3d0g00d
Redshirt

Post by S1l3nc3d0g00d »

For shows in general, I'd like to see his take on Stranger Things. For specific episodes, I'd like to see him do the JLU episode "For the Man Who Has Everything".
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

S1l3nc3d0g00d wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm For shows in general, I'd like to see his take on Stranger Things. For specific episodes, I'd like to see him do the JLU episode "For the Man Who Has Everything".
Oh that would be an excellent choice for JLU.

While on the subject, would be great if Chuck covered certain episodes of Superman TAS too. Namely the premier ep two parter The Last Son of Krypton perhaps follow up with Stolen Memories. Namely as I love the DCAU version of Brainiac and with what he is about to cover would be great to have Chuck talk about and analyze that particular iteration of the character.
Andrew Joshua Talon
Redshirt

Post by Andrew Joshua Talon »

He's covered a number of my requests in the past, and I've been very happy with the work he put into them: The 2011 Wonder Woman Pilot, "Threshold" the series, and a few others. And given the enormous amount of work he has right now I do not wish to add to his work load. But, if I was:

-Bioshock 1 and 2. Given the references he's made to them, it would be fascinating to see his take on the politics and philosophies that inform the stories in both. And the numerous opportunities for snark available: He could do a Freeman's Mind style commentary fairly easily, as he did with System Shock 2.

-Batman and Harley Quinn: It's the first piece of new DCAU media in almost two decades, it would be interesting to see his thoughts on it-And how he would try to fit it into the larger DCAU timeline.

-Kingdom Hearts: But only if he was suffering from a terminal illness that would kill him painfully. The sheer effort needed to figure out how this franchise works would probably make his head explode.

-Definitely Star Trek: Elite Force 1 and 2, and possibly Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Fallen. For obvious reasons.
S1l3nc3d0g00d
Redshirt

Post by S1l3nc3d0g00d »

Had another episode-specific idea: the original "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" with Shatner.
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

Since he reviews anime as well, I would to hear his views on Astro Boy, the 2003 series to be exact. It has a dub he can watch however the issue is that 2 episodes from the early part were switched around for some reason, one episode was replaced with a clip show possibly because it features strong references to Peter Pan and once upon a time other studios were afraid of being sued by Disney regarding this especially in animation and there were some censorship and the soundtrack was changed due to rights or something like. There's a fansub, the problem is that only the first 24 episodes are proper subs while the rest are poorly translated HK subs.

Plus some more DC stuff would be cool like Superman The Movie, which had its 40th Anniversary recently, Superman The Animated or the recent Death of Superman animated film.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I intend to ask for reviews one of these days for stuff like... Elfen Lied and DEEN's 2006 Fate/Stay Night. Ufotable's Fate/Stay Zero. And Dragon Ball Z Kai and Dragon Ball Super. No one will deter me. Though I'm also getting stuff like JLA and Green Lantern animated movies
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

I'd like to see him review some of the more sci-fi James Bond films.

Even the first one, Dr No, has a mad scientist as a villain, and that would be a good jumping off point.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I have a feeling that Elfen Lied would be the new Kannazuki No Miko for him. And I say that as someone who at least initially liked Elfen Lied.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR