Divided We Fall (Justice league)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TrueMetis
Officer

Re: Divided We Fall (Justice league)

Post by TrueMetis »

Wargriffin wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:06 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:43 am
professor_iago wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:39 am I've waited a long time for this review. My favorite Justice League character is Wally West.
He is, for all intents and purposes, the most grounded of the group, the most human. He reminds the rest of the league of the need to be connected to humanity.
Not seeing that in this show really but all good.

One of the funniest moments in the show for me was when him and Luther switch minds and he takes off the mask and is indifferent because he has no idea who West is anyway.
Ehem

youtu.be/T_YKyUmC_yk
All the options you could have picked to show Flash's humanity, and you didn't pick,

youtu.be/Xl91v2Mvv94
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I wasn't too familiar with Trickster, so when I heard Mark Hamill's voice I immediately thought of Cock Knocker from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
..What mirror universe?
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

Given the look and Kevin Smith being a huge fucking nerd, It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find out Cock Knocker was based at least in part on the Trickster, and probably the Mark Hamil version specifically since he played a live action version in the 1990's live action Flash series.
cdrood
Officer

Post by cdrood »

The Superman requiring a suit in space was a variation on the post-Crisis version where he still needed to breathe. He didn't need a suit in space, but either had to hold his breath (which he could do for a couple hours) or use a breathing mask. It also allowed him to communicate using a radio built into the mask because no air means no sound. They also did things like have him remind Jimmy that his signal watch's alert only moved at the speed of sound, so if Superman wasn't nearby, it wouldn't reach him in time.

Then they ratcheted him back up to where he can "hear" in space and "hear" Lois' heartbeat halfway around the Earth. I put the word in quotes because sound doesn't work that way.

I didn't like the DCAU Superman being so weak to electricity that wouldn't even phase other versions.
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

I do like that, because the implication to me, especially when combined with the world of cardboard speech, is that just like with his hearing, vision, and laser eyes he needs to consciously turn on his invulnerability. Like how you might prepare yourself to be punched. That's why sometimes he's hurt by electricity, and other times he can tank something 100x worse no problem. And it gets rid of the tension problem because he is actually being hurt.
StChef
Redshirt

Post by StChef »

TrueMetis wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:09 am
All the options you could have picked to show Flash's humanity, and you didn't pick,

youtu.be/Xl91v2Mvv94
One of the best episodes in my opinion of JLU. "Flash and Substance" and "The Greatest Story Never Told" are the most memorable episodes to me.
S1l3nc3d0g00d
Redshirt

Post by S1l3nc3d0g00d »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:35 am Flash is definitely all heart. That's probably why they chose him to be the subject of demise in the elseworlds episode arc.
I think part of it was also that they just couldn't find a way to make a Justice Lord Flash believable.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

S1l3nc3d0g00d wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:04 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:35 am Flash is definitely all heart. That's probably why they chose him to be the subject of demise in the elseworlds episode arc.
I think part of it was also that they just couldn't find a way to make a Justice Lord Flash believable.
Good assertion, though I was thinking that I can't find Martian Manhunter lord that believable.
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 amGood assertion, though I was thinking that I can't find Martian Manhunter lord that believable.
I liked the episode said that Superman and Lord Superman are fundamentally different people.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:03 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 amGood assertion, though I was thinking that I can't find Martian Manhunter lord that believable.
I liked the episode said that Superman and Lord Superman are fundamentally different people.
Well the context does allude to the league susceptible to the Lords' prerogative outlook. I think(?) Superman is brought to the tipping point at several different points. Batman dresses them down at the end. Then later Question speculates that this is actually a time loop instead of a alternate Earth.
..What mirror universe?