Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
jstrahan
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by jstrahan »

animalia wrote:What about Jericho?
Joshua already 'fit' that battle. :)
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

On the subject of game reviews, I might be interested in the Batman Arkham series (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, etc.).

The downside is that they're more about atmosphere and tactics than the (in my opinion fairly weak, based on playing Arkham City) narrative. On the other hand, Chuck's superhero stuff is often some of his most interesting. He really seems to know Marvel and DC, both the canon and the behind the scenes stuff, backwards and forwards, and always does fascinating analyses of it. Its a big part of why I want to see him do MCU stuff, and especially Batman v Superman.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

If you want to talk about games i had thought about asking him to review Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri but didn't because i didn't have the money and also what exactly would he review? There aren't much in the way of cutscenes, there is a story but it is told through text not video so i was not sure how to make a video about it.

Needless to say i was very excited when i saw it on his upcoming schedule. :D
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

As far as video games, I think adventure games in general are a good choice. We've seen Chuck use different methods to balance the review and "let's play" elements of his gaming videos, and it seemed obvious that it was a challenge for video games to perfectly fit his reviewing style.

Adventure games tend to be more story oriented, and they're also short enough (when you take out the time spent problem and puzzle solving) that Chuck has the option to walk through/recap the game's narrative like he would in a review of a tv episode.
The owls are not what they seem.
AkatsukiLeader13
Redshirt

Post by AkatsukiLeader13 »

I'd love to see Chuck tackle Silent Hill 2.

The game, not the God-awful movie.

I know everybody and their mother has done a video on SH2 but I am curious to see Chuck's take on it. Though as long as he manages to get his hands on a copy of SH2 and not the HD abomination that was spawned from the blackest pit of Hell. Which I do admit can be a hard thing to do nowadays.
ifly6
Redshirt

Post by ifly6 »

The Expanse would be fantastic to review.
StrangeDevice
Officer

Post by StrangeDevice »

Someone mentioned X-COM in another thread and it got me thinking that the 1970s television series UFO would seem right up his alley. It's very garish exterior hides quite a lot to be analysed including the personal costs to keeping an organisation secret, the questionable righteousness of Earth's war against the aliens (although Captain Scarlet is a lot more explicit in that respect, I think), the unknown and unknowable nature of what they fight against, etc.

"A Question of Priorities", "Confetti Check A-O.K." and "Mindbender" as a trio are episodes that I'd love to see analysed.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Another show that comes to mind that I'd love to see Chuck cover is Raumpatrouille -- Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion (literal translation: Space Patrol -- The Fantastic Adventures of the Spaceship Orion) which started in 1966 in (then) West Germany years before Star Trek ever aired there. I feel it has some continuity in aesthetic with older German sci-fi but it is also interesting to contrast with Star Trek.

For those interested, episode one (with subtitles) is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJI4J92Btis
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

does anyone know if the tng episode firstborn is in the queue? for some reason, i've been thinking about it today.
DanteC
Officer

Post by DanteC »

More B5. I've been rewatching clips and there's so much there that I can appreciate more that I'm older.
Torchwood: Children of Earth, cause it's an example of what Torchwood should have been. Ie, good. I got into The Thick of It while watching that season.
And if it was possible to do machinima, the Eve Online series Clear Skies.
Edit: More Farscape. Especially Won't get Fooled Again and Look at the Princess.
Last edited by DanteC on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.