Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
sayla0079
Captain

Re: Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo

Post by sayla0079 »

I can't belive i'm saying this but maybe because of events in the orig series (ex. the twelth angel or others) maybe theres a spit timeline where some of it is original series then theres a splt where the rebuild movies come in. To quote dbz:abridged Trunks "Multi universe theory is a bitch"
pir2confusion
Redshirt

Post by pir2confusion »

A lot of the thinking with the looping idea besides many of the visuals, I think has to do with (?Quantum?)Rei as opposed to one of the angels.

When Rei absorbs (Adam/the weird thing on Gendo's hand)
24_C127B_adam-hand.jpg
and then merges with Lilith, Rei becomes God(a God?) and exists everywhere and at all times. This is part of that visuals of why/how Rei appears in front of all the people on earth during EOE as well as appearing randomly during the course of the series even while Rei the character who exists at that time is somewhere else. This happens in Ep 1 when Shinji is making a phone call, when Shinji and Kaworu are fighting in terminal dogma floating on the beach at the end of EOE and during 3.33 when Rei is looking at Rei in the tube and probably other times during the various versions of eva.

With a whole other movie to go I think the exact nature of what the rebuilds are or want to be has not been told either because it hasn't been fully revealed or the creators haven't figured out what they want to say. A lot of the quantum stuff I think comes from Rei's room in the tv series
reiroom.png
reiroom.png (55.93 KiB) Viewed 483 times
with the top, bottom, strangeness and the DSS which is also part of 3.33 with the choker.

Also for the comment about what thematically the importance of any of this is, the show deals with many characters but Rei's specifically the idea of uniqueness.
Multirei.png
Multirei.png (59.22 KiB) Viewed 483 times
The self in relationship to other people and even yourself and changes over time. what makes me, me and not you. So it isn't too hard of a stretch for them to make any of the time loop be part of a larger theme in whatever way they choose.
Gruntagen
Redshirt

Post by Gruntagen »

>”Rei’s specifically the idea of uniqueness”
>shows image of her being cloned down a line
Have you even watched Evangelion?
K.E. Schwartze
Redshirt

Post by K.E. Schwartze »

The point he was making is that there have been several Rei's (3 in the main series, unknown how many in the movie time-skip). All started from the same point, but each one has been slightly different from the rest, in attitude and personality.

Given that it's been 14 years is it possible Gendo's seen 50 shades of Rei by now?