Gun enthusiast thread

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Gun enthusiast thread

Post by Yukaphile »

As if that's something to be proud of. Also posting in this thread so soon after a mass shooting? Sickening.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

:roll:
54114893_1052359968303371_5476447889288855552_n.jpg
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

The only common sense gun control is disarm. But it has to be a voluntary choice, and that's how a movement of peace and pacifism spreads. Like with Jesus or Martin Luther King Jr.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

52577867_10215594336824799_7286253494716071936_n.jpg
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Yes you do. You have the right to choose to die. Which is what I'd gladly take over arming ANY day.
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 am Yes you do. You have the right to choose to die. Which is what I'd gladly take over arming ANY day.
I think people should have the right to arm themselves if they so choose. I don't think everyone should have guns, and tighter regulations on them is always a good thing in my mind, but taking guns away entirely is not the answer either, because that assumes we live in a perfect world where no one has to fear for their life or the lives of their families.

Edit: Also, there is mass shooting almost weekly these days, the only difference this time is that it happened in NZ instead of America.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

We are currently watching Venezuela collapse in on itself. The only people that have guns there are the police, military, and a militia biker gang of Maduro loyalists (i wonder how they got those). It's to the point where the only hope left if that the military gets sick of Maduro and ousts him, but that would turn Venezuela into a military junta. Some civilian gun ownership would go a long way to preventing all of this from happening in the first place and what is going to happen soon.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Tell you what Yuka - this is an enthusiast thread, and if it bothers you, feel free to not post in it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to posting memes. ;)
54433179_312434136110497_4980907842715254784_n.jpg
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

It is disturbing that you're still glorifying guns after a mass shooting, and that more than that, you're still clinging to our shared cowboy fantasy and dreaming of "a good guy with a gun" stopping "a bad guy with a gun" even though at best, they'd have about the same success rate, which is 50/50. Seems more that you're just afraid the government's gonna come to "steal your guns."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I mean, at least wait a few weeks or a month before posting this kind of shit after so many have died. I may be numb to this kind of conduct now, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna be insensitive about it.