Full Moon

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Wargriffin
Captain

Re: Full Moon

Post by Wargriffin »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:37 pm
Ikiry0 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:22 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 am The episode ended a bit more upbeat than I thought it would.
What on earth were you expecting? Little Matchstick Girl?
That she'd get there and find that Eichi had never really loved her, and was just trying to be nice to her. I know, if there were a Nobel prize in pessimism... With the actual ending, though, at least she knew someone could love her.
you should read the manga
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Wargriffin wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:25 am you should read the manga
I did and, although I love the show, I did not care as much for the manga (still good, though). I just didn't like the art style.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

jstrahan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:21 am
Wargriffin wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:25 am you should read the manga
I did and, although I love the show, I did not care as much for the manga (still good, though). I just didn't like the art style.
I meant in that its alot of ways more fucked up
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Wargriffin wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:25 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 am The episode ended a bit more upbeat than I thought it would.
That she'd get there and find that Eichi had never really loved her, and was just trying to be nice to her. I know, if there were a Nobel prize in pessimism... With the actual ending, though, at least she knew someone could love her.
you should read the manga
Is it OK if I read it left-to-right? I could use a story of a little girl meeting the love of her life and un-getting cancer.
Hero_Of_Shadows
Officer

Post by Hero_Of_Shadows »

Or that Eichi didn't love her and was only hanging around her because he actually loved ... her grandma.
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

Admittedly I haven't actually read the manga so I don't really know how it actually plays out, but conceptually I feel like it'd completely recolor the perception of Mitsuki and her actions the way the Eichi reveal is done there and I don't think in a positive way.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

I for one wasn't expecting the show to go there. Even for an anime about a tween girl dying of cancer whose best friends are reapers, this was darker than I had come to expect.
RobbyB1982 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:33 pm
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 pm Never seen an episode of this anime, just the reviews. Saw this little twist coming, years ago. In fact, I would have been truly shocked if Echii had not been dead.

Meanwhile, we have a Death Spirit whose still new to the job, due to being only recently dead himself...
Takto is not Eichi, no. That's not where this goes.
Oh, thank you. I was worried when I read that.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Lizuka wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 am Admittedly I haven't actually read the manga so I don't really know how it actually plays out
I can tell you if you wish to know. :)
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Chuck using the Mash theme was fitting. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the days when they were just having goofy competitions about cleaning and cooking.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

The moment I saw MASH I knew 'Suicide is Painless' was gonna be in play

So you only become a Shinigami if you kill yourself

... yes Meroko's is as SAD as you think it is

Man Its kinda sad Chuck's making us wait a month for more of this Rollercoaster