Full Moon

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SabreMau
Officer

Re: Full Moon

Post by SabreMau »

"What a wonderful granddaughter."
"No, not really."

This one I don't think can be entirely attributed to Granny's attitude. Deflecting or rejecting compliments is a thing that often happens in Japan, even if it's not directed straight at Granny, it's to her group/family from an outsider. "Iie, sonna..." is itself somewhat milder than the English translation given sounds.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

... Ah Japan where they can quite literally kill you with formality

Won't give a straight no
got to refuse hospitality so many times
won't take a compliment
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Two of our main characters are suicides. Takto has feelings for the young daughter of one of his best friends in life. Way to bring on the darkness, anime.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Darmani
Officer

Post by Darmani »

Takto is not eichi
Dodged a bullet there.
And he...made it?

Izumi really does play the long game

Pretty sure formal enough to be metastophiles oh and he appears as a cute dog once, huh

Chuck subtitles do not detract from the cravitas
DisgruntleFairy
Redshirt

Post by DisgruntleFairy »

So two singers with a strong proximity to Dr. Wakaouji got the same kind of cancer and both are singers. That seems statically unlikely.

New theory Dr. Wakaouji is a monster and likes to give singers cancer somehow. He may have killed Mitsuki's parents too.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Interesting coincidence; the lyrics to the MASH theme were written by a teenager.

--

Honesty, I seriously doubted that the show would actually become interesting. About the only reason I haven't decided to watch this yet is time commitment and whether I can actually put up with the light fluff of the first season...
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 am Two of our main characters are suicides. Takto has feelings for the young daughter of one of his best friends in life. Way to bring on the darkness, anime.
Hell the Anime cuts out a large chunk of the REALLY fucked up shit

IE Oshige' having to sleep with one of the producers so Mitsuki doesn't get an image makeover that makes her more overly sexualized
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

Jesus Christ Full Moon. How did you get darker than 'small girl waiting to die on the grave of her only friend from the orphanage'?
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

TGLS wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:32 pm Interesting coincidence; the lyrics to the MASH theme were written by a teenager.

--

Honesty, I seriously doubted that the show would actually become interesting. About the only reason I haven't decided to watch this yet is time commitment and whether I can actually put up with the light fluff of the first season...
The writer was the director's son, I believe, who has made more money from the residuals for the song from the TV show and its reruns than his father did from making on the movie.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Wargriffin wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:57 pm
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 am Two of our main characters are suicides. Takto has feelings for the young daughter of one of his best friends in life. Way to bring on the darkness, anime.
Hell the Anime cuts out a large chunk of the REALLY fucked up shit

IE Oshige' having to sleep with one of the producers so Mitsuki doesn't get an image makeover that makes her more overly sexualized
Thank goodness for small favors.

Having the manager take a casting couch hit might be more than is necessary to prove she is committed to protecting her client's welfare.