Code Geass

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TrueMetis
Officer

Re: Code Geass

Post by TrueMetis »

Not to say he doesn't have a bit of a god complex, or perhaps satan complex is more appropriate here.
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 am
BunBun299 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:57 am So, never seen this anime. But from the review, our protagonist is basically Killgrave? Am I understanding that right?
Eh, sort of- his powers have much stricter limits, some of which will be explored later.

Also, that comparison really does just extend only to his powers- in terms of personality and goals they two are very, very different. Kilgrave was a short-sighted hedonist; Lelouch is a visionary genius with a grudge.

If you've ever seen Death Note, he's much closer to Light Yagami, albeit more complex and sympathetic and less of a raging God complex.
Lelouch definitely gets the evil laugh from Light.

i'll be very interested to see what Chuck makes of the soup store scene.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

i personally far prefer season 2 of geass as well it had alot more emotions to it

and the ending was just so powerful
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

The main appeal of Code Geass, to me, is that we have a lead character who acts like a very theatrical arch supervillain, but in the context of fighting a guerilla war against an brutal and oppressive empire, he can still be someone you root for.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Yeah. It's kind of like X-Men if it followed Magneto rather than Prof X.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

The Knightmare Frames are easily one of my favorite mecha types. Even the grunt level ones are effectively mobile. I like how the opening scene shows them literally running circles around tanks. Plus very much like they have a functional ejection system which saves characters pretty regularly, which is a much better safety system than most mecha types I can name.
Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:58 pm Yeah. It's kind of like X-Men if it followed Magneto rather than Prof X.
Nah that would be The Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

Gundam if Char was the hero then?
Elric4985
Redshirt

Post by Elric4985 »

I love this series. It's one of my favorites. It's a shame that the background info that led to this alternate universe is only available in side material and not in the show itself.
Elric4985
Redshirt

Post by Elric4985 »

LavarosVA wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:26 am Gundam if Char was the hero then?
I believe that was the plan. Gundam if Char was the main character.
MixedDrops
Officer

Post by MixedDrops »

Maybe. I'd say both Char and Magneto have a bit more to them than Lelouch though, at least intellectually, because they both have some sort of greater ideal beyond their quest for revenge. Magneto wants to protect/free mutants and Char wants to actualize his father's vision of humanity in space. Lelouch is driven by revenge and emotion most of the time, the freedom of the Japanese or anyone else is just a means to an end.