Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CaptainCalvinCat
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by CaptainCalvinCat »

I think, Knight Rider in its entirety could be something, Chuck could have fun with.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

I'd like to see Chuck do some reviews of Andromeda
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Pacific Rim.

Pretty much the entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Starting with a full review for Iron Man. And include all the shows, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

BunBun299 wrote:Pacific Rim.

Pretty much the entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Starting with a full review for Iron Man. And include all the shows, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc.
That would be a gigantic project- we're talking sixteen films and counting as of this year, and up around ten-plus seasons of TV material, I believe. This would be a project approach his ongoing review of pretty much all of Star Trek.

Edit: If I had to pick and choose- GotG, Agents of SHIELD season one (particularly the second half), Avengers, and maybe the Captain America films (particularly Winter Soldier and Civil War) and Doctor Strange, I think.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Yes, I know. Still, I'd love to hear his take on these works.

If Requests were open, I might start by requesting one or two of the films. Like say, Captain America the First Avenger and Iron Man. Start small, work on it as time went on.
Aezetyr
Redshirt

Post by Aezetyr »

TV Shows:
Orphan Black (huge undertaking on that one, soon to be 50 episodes worth of very heavy show)

More Game of Thrones (though I don't really see this one happening, because its not scifi)

Westworld (HBO, the micro review of S1 was great, now I want more!)

Doctor Who is on the list already, but I would like to see some of Capadi's episodes reviewed; most specifically "Into the Dalek", "The Girl Who Died" / "The Woman Who Lived", "Dark Water" / "Death in Heaven", and "Face the Raven" / "Heaven Sent" / "Hell Bent".
(Lady Me/Ashildr is one of my favorite foils for the "NuWho" Doctor.)

Movies:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Fifth Element
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Video Games:
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind and 5: Skyrim
Reason: I think Morrowind has the better overall story, while Skyrim has dragon fights and wonderful modern (well, 5 years old) graphics.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Table Heavy Industries already put in for The Fifth Element a while back, so it's just a matter of waiting for that one. ;)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Aezetyr wrote:TV Shows:
Orphan Black (huge undertaking on that one, soon to be 50 episodes worth of very heavy show)
I haven't seen much of Orphan Black, but I'd be interested to see it reviewed.
More Game of Thrones (though I don't really see this one happening, because its not scifi)
I don't know, he's done some other fantasy before, even if its not the main focus. Avatar: The Last Airbender is, right? And My Little Pony, of course. And The Two Towers, obviously. Probably some others I'm missing too.

And of course, the line between Science Fiction and Fantasy can get quite blurry.
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

Admiral X wrote:Berserk
The rest of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
The rest of Cowboy Bebop
Last Exile
Yukikaze
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Baccano!
Dirty Pair
Planetes
The Big O
Higurashi
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Crist
Toward the Terra
The problem with reviewing Big O is that the original hand drawn run is almost impossible to find. Only the newer "first" season is available easily, so reviewing the original run where Schwartzvald was alive is probably not going to happen.

Unless someone has a copy to donate, or at least a recording of it.

Also... My Hero Academia and Gargantia on the Verdurous planet.
Aezetyr
Redshirt

Post by Aezetyr »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Aezetyr wrote:TV Shows:
I haven't seen much of Orphan Black, but I'd be interested to see it reviewed.
I don't know, he's done some other fantasy before, even if its not the main focus. Avatar: The Last Airbender is, right? And My Little Pony, of course. And The Two Towers, obviously. Probably some others I'm missing too.

And of course, the line between Science Fiction and Fantasy can get quite blurry.
Very good points, I did not take those into factor. Orphan Black is absolutely wonderful. Great pace, amazing characters, it's very modern in it's approach to all sorts of subject matter. At it's core - it's about finding one's identity and understanding what it means. There is a ton of real science around it, but they've also taken some liberties with it.