Code Geass

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
LavarosVA
Officer

Re: Code Geass

Post by LavarosVA »

Wargriffin wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:06 pm
FaxModem1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:16 pm Not having seen this series, or a lot of anime in general, I wonder if this, like Paranoia Agent, is an example of Japan's persecution complex about World War 2. An alternate history that shows just how awful it is that Japan was invaded and in this story, it can't be blamed on the fact that they were empire building and trying to take over China for oil supplies.
Its a pretty prevelant subtext in Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny... Down to the Fact that it has TWO stand ins for Japan
Gundam SEED/Destiny had subtext?
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

It's going to be amusing to see Chuck take on Table-chan.
Darmani
Officer

Post by Darmani »

Table kun
Nina is racistchan

I think.

I don't think I've ever taken in the first four episodes so slowly or comprehensively so this really does let me appreciate everything that's happened and was at stake.
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

Huh... I'd heard the "Pizza Hut supports the rebellion" meme, but I wasn't expecting to actually see a Pizza Hut ad on the train while "Zero" was introducing himself. The product placement really is that shameless.

Also, I gotta admit I kinda like Zero's look. I mean yeah, it's over the top and theatrical to a ludicrous degree, but I can appreciate that.
Gruntagen
Redshirt

Post by Gruntagen »

Oh my god, why is he still pronouncing Kallen’s name like that?
Wilahelm2
Redshirt

Post by Wilahelm2 »

Have to say Chuck's analysis of Lelouch really is spot on. Lelouch is one of my favorite protagonist of all time but he really is an arrogant selfish jackass. He is also brilliant, charismatic, and with a flair for the theatrical that would impress guys like Batman and the Joker. This really makes Lelouch a really fun character to watch work.

I always found it interesting that despite Suzaku being very naive at times he is only one to really see through Zero's theatrics and see him for what he is. He see's that Zero believes in doing anything to achieve his goal and his goal isn't really to liberate Japan but to destroy Britannia, which aren't the same thing.

Really looking forward to seeing how Chuck reacts to this show when things really start going crazy.
tenkiforecast
Redshirt

Post by tenkiforecast »

Darmani wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 pm Table kun
Nina is racistchan

I think.

I don't think I've ever taken in the first four episodes so slowly or comprehensively so this really does let me appreciate everything that's happened and was at stake.
I can't believe I forgot Table-kun was a thing. I remembered a bunch of the various memes about Code Geass, and I cannot believe I forgot *that* one of all things.

Chuck's really hitting why Lelouch is such a good character. He's a selfish, self-centered manipulative jerk; and he's theatrical, he genuinely shows compassion, he's extremely intelligent, he's charismatic, and he is deeply flawed. He's smart enough to put the conflict in terms that earn him a following without revealing his biases, but the show goes out of its way to show his blind spots. Suzaku is one, Nunnaly is one, and there are more.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

To Paraphrase Megamind: The difference between a villain and a super villain? PRESENTATION!

Lord Lelouch has such a flare for the dramatic I honestly think he may have missed his calling not joining the theater club.

And I love Zero's look too. I think one of the points of it is he looks like a chess piece with the helmet and his Dracula cape folded around like that.
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

tenkiforecast wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 am
Darmani wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 pm Table kun
Nina is racistchan

I think.

I can't believe I forgot Table-kun was a thing. I remembered a bunch of the various memes about Code Geass, and I cannot believe I forgot *that* one of all things.

Chuck's really hitting why Lelouch is such a good character. He's a selfish, self-centered manipulative jerk; and he's theatrical, he genuinely shows compassion, he's extremely intelligent, he's charismatic, and he is deeply flawed. He's smart enough to put the conflict in terms that earn him a following without revealing his biases, but the show goes out of its way to show his blind spots. Suzaku is one, Nunnaly is one, and there are more.
Lelouch's biggest flaw is that ultimately, he is selfish. He didn't go to save Suzaku because it was wrong that they were using him as a scapegoat, he went to save Suzaku because he's his friend. He's just very good at cloaking his actions in the right reasons that it looks to all like he's some freedom fighter looking to save japan.

Second only to his selfishness is his arrogance. Which makes sense considering he's royalty.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

Always love the dichotomy between Lelouch and Suzaku.

To put it basically, Lelouch is an amoral genius chessmaster. While Suzaku is a martial arts and physical powerhouse, noble to a fault, and an utterly naive dumbass.

In real her villain dynamic it is rather interesting see Zero craft and pull out these elaborate perfect schemes like a well oiled machine only to have Suzaku and his overpowered super mecha charge in and hit the machine with a bat.

Also the bit with Chuck laughing his ass off a the courts bit was amazing.

PS: All of his bits of calling CC a magician makes me want to see her in a Zatana getup :P