Doctor Who: The Macra Terror

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Doctor Who: The Macra Terror

Post by Deledrius »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:17 pm I have to say, the "10/10" changed to "11/10" joke is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
That was terribly amusing. I only wish I could see the actor's expression for that moment.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I won't lie, I REALLY hated the new Doctor Who intro. It feels less epic than the last one.

Oh man, I'd love to see it drop below 97! I mean, granted, others in the Doctor Who leadership community have said that it's unlikely to happen, and they were proven wrong, but this late in the game, nearly sixty years since Doctor Who began, it really is probably not going to happen... probably.

I can really sympathize with what Chuck is saying here. I mean... what I've seen so far, I like the Second Doctor. I agree with what those in charge have said. He's what the Doctor should have been in the first place. No disrespect to Hartnell, but his Doctor was always a bit too stiff upper lip for me.

Gotta say, one of my favorite recurring gags of his would be, "Incoming message from the Big Giant Head!" And yet it's shocking he's never referenced 3rd Rock past that. :D

Season 1 Riker?! Given how smug he is. Wow, THAT'S bad. :lol:

So glad Chuck forewent the chance to make an easy fart joke. 8-)

Love that casual crack at Scientology. :)

Thought the "original vs animation" segment was great. Hands down, I prefer the animation. And it looks a hell of a lot better than "Power of the Daleks." While the Daleks were fine, and moved like this, the humans... eh. I can see why Chuck meant now. And at the time, I thought it was very good. Quite the turn, eh? :P

I do agree with Chuck as to the allegory here. You won't see something that clever in today's sci-fi. Also, regarding Star Wars, it was pretty much confirmed by The Rise of Darth Vader that the galaxy single-handedly threw its support behind Palpatine, still recovering from the Clone Wars he engineered to paint aliens as villains and consolidate his power base all in one fell swoop.

That "Strongly Recommended" stamp was well-deserved! XD
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:17 am Gotta say, one of my favorite recurring gags of his would be, "Incoming message from the Big Giant Head!" And yet it's shocking he's never referenced 3rd Rock past that. :D
It will hopefully return if Chuck is ever commissioned to review Quark.
jadenova
Officer

Post by jadenova »

The Doctor takes a look at the future and gets a glimpse of Matt Smith.
lugalzagessi712
Redshirt

Post by lugalzagessi712 »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:17 am
Thought the "original vs animation" segment was great. Hands down, I prefer the animation. And it looks a hell of a lot better than "Power of the Daleks." While the Daleks were fine, and moved like this, the humans... eh. I can see why Chuck meant now. And at the time, I thought it was very good. Quite the turn, eh? :P
I loved this and am now wishing they'd do all classic who like this episode recreation. imagine an entire collection from first doctor to when it was cancelled including the 'lost episodes' they'd be able to do with animation what they couldn't before due to budget, you'd bring in new fans who were turned off the old series due to its limitations and old classic fans would buy it because now you'd have the WHOLE thing together and intact in one form at least even if it's not the original.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

"Marco Polo!" Or "Evil of the Daleks!" Come on, BBC, do it, do it...!
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:17 am I won't lie, I REALLY hated the new Doctor Who intro. It feels less epic than the last one.
In fairness, and as much as she is well the way outside of my headcanon, he did have to update it for Madame Who eventually.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

True, but... anyone know any way I can download one of his vids? I wanna save it in case they all get updated.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Really enjoyed hearing about this. We can rebuild it, better than it was before!

If a few more of these go through, it might finally be time for me to review Doctors 1 and 2.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
cdrood
Officer

Post by cdrood »

While I do understand the reasoning, I think I'd prefer Troughton and Hartnell episodes animated in black & white.