Star Trek: Lower Decks

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks

Post by Karha of Honor »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:32 pm I feel like we could do a story where the lower decks is in charge due to the higher up in competent.
A couple of episodes, yes.

Don't make it a reglular thing. DISCO damaged Trek already.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Was thinking that we learn that fact with time. Like in the first episode they all look uncomfortable as if they weren't use to being there.
Actarus
Officer

Post by Actarus »

They are all ensigns, therefore they are not that low. They are still officers. I thought they would be in the rank and file. Now, it will visibly be a comedy, so I expect absurd things, like mutant cockroaches creating their own society (british style) in the waste processing system. I doubt it will be taken that seriously in the "canon". They can go overboard if they want.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Welp, it's got a release date.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/a-star-trek-animated-series-is-coming-to-cbs-all-access-august-6/
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hopefully the characters are good.
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

Really looking forward to this, has a great premise that I've always wanted to see, and from the stills looks really good, I hope we get a release date for it coming to the UK though.

Also the USS Cerritos is one of the most silliest Starfleet ships I've seen and I love it, fits very well with the series premise.
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."

- Jean-Luc Picard
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

New Trailer out on StarTrek.com, animation is great and really funny too!
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."

- Jean-Luc Picard
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Looks pretty intelligible.
..What mirror universe?
MerelyAFan
Officer

Post by MerelyAFan »

Nothing against a humorous ST show, but I do lament that given the potential of animated Trek (which even the often wacky 70s cartoon managed to explore at points), that our first example of it in 45 years is an okayish looking workplace comedy.

But maybe it'll surprise me, we'll see.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Looks like my footnote isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Roll on Orville season 3.