5ive Days to Midnight

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Edvarius
Officer

Re: 5ive Days to Midnight

Post by Edvarius »

Even if FatCop did manage to get the signed documents would anybody have thought them remotely valid if the signatory was a victim in a triple homicide that involved the original owner as well? Or that it might others a bit suspicious about how he fit into everything? You'd think a cop would have a bit more awareness of just how obvious the evidence against him would have been.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

This sounds like an utter slog of a miniseries, but it made for a delightful series of reviews!
FlynnTaggart
Officer

Post by FlynnTaggart »

Edvarius wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:57 pm Even if FatCop did manage to get the signed documents would anybody have thought them remotely valid if the signatory was a victim in a triple homicide that involved the original owner as well? Or that it might others a bit suspicious about how he fit into everything? You'd think a cop would have a bit more awareness of just how obvious the evidence against him would have been.
My interpretation was it was a spur of the moment thing. He was trying to be a good cop up until he got those papers, ready to call for back-up and smart enough to not give headshot guy a loaded gun. But once he got the paper work it all went bananas, he held in his hands millions of dollars. Alot of money for a cop probably close to retirement without a good retirement plan. JT was supposed to die, there was proof of that, why not let fate play out and get rich? Sure JT's girlfriend was going to die too but he could justify it was her being a bad person too, she was married to a Mobster from the Highlands of Chicago.

He didn't really have a plan, he probably wasn't thinking much farther ahead then "Kill JT, kill JT's girlfriend, ?, profit!!!".
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

Well, I watched this review, went to make lunch and came back to go 'Oh, new review'. This series is just...so unmemorable it took me a moment to remember I'd already watched the review. Much like last time, no insult to the review itself it's just...not a very interesting series. Too many moving pieces with not enough motion between them.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Okay someone who has the watched the actual miniseries and not just the review did Nicole Deboer actually do anything in it or was she just there for fanservice?
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

went exactly as i said before our protagonist gets to change his fate but not others thats just pure BS
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

I must say I found this all very hard to follow.
How did the case get sent back in time? Is it in itself the time machine? Then where did it come from? If so, what was it used for originally? Think about it, no one is going to build a time travelling case to save this rather unimportant random guy. This case must have been used for something else and then stolen.

If the case isn't the time machine, then where is the time machine? Is it magic, is it technology, how did anyone get hold of it? What happened to the time machine after? No one is just going to send one case back and then that's it. Is it still potentially out there somewhere?

If this was explained I apologise, I must have missed it, but the whole thing is just so silly.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

clearspira wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 pm I must say I found this all very hard to follow.
How did the case get sent back in time? Is it in itself the time machine? Then where did it come from? If so, what was it used for originally? Think about it, no one is going to build a time travelling case to save this rather unimportant random guy. This case must have been used for something else and then stolen.

If the case isn't the time machine, then where is the time machine? Is it magic, is it technology, how did anyone get hold of it? What happened to the time machine after? No one is just going to send one case back and then that's it. Is it still potentially out there somewhere?

If this was explained I apologise, I must have missed it, but the whole thing is just so silly.
It’s explained the daughter did so... FROM THE FUTURE! Why future her didn’t do anything more to explain it though... who knows?
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Nobody700 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:56 pm
clearspira wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 pm I must say I found this all very hard to follow.

It’s explained the daughter did so... FROM THE FUTURE! Why future her didn’t do anything more to explain it though... who knows?
I call Voodoo Shark on this one. How in this contemporary world did this perfectly ordinary woman get hold of a time machine?

But yeah, if it was her, why didn't she give him any more detail? its not as if she was concerned about damaging history given how she was damaging history by sending the case back to begin with.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

All sorts of possibilities. Might've been better if the final part actually explained it. Maybe she meant to send more but the authorities of her time found out what she was doing, tried to stop her because someone like Carl was in charge, and she didn't have time to add further explanation like a recorded message or whatever? All she had was the actual evidence, which she meant to be something that could be tested to prove what she was warning of, which she hurriedly crammed into the case, which she threw into the time machine or what have you before she could be stopped.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!