What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Jclark
Redshirt

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by Jclark »

SCP: Secret Laboratory.
A free multiplayer game in which one plays as either inmates or scientists trying to escape a facility experiencing a containment breach, guards trying to help the scientists escape while keeping the inmates in the facility, or the monsters that have escaped containment and seek to kill their torturers. Here's some gameplay.

youtu.be/ZAI3b-H-wpU
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

I just rebeat Saints Row the Third. Still a lovely experience, if rather flawed.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Alright, I feel like I'm done with this round of Arkham Knight. My 4th time playing through the story; I have beat the game on normal and "normal +" the first two times, and Knightmare/Knightmare+ the second two.

A fun quirk with these Arkham sandbox games is trying to play through the narrative cohesively while finishing the essential side quests organically as not to make Batman seem irresponsible in his main mission that you can set aside indefinitely. The critical point being that if you expediently finish the story, then Batman just seems to be hanging out in Gotham for a long time to tie up loose ends. Arkham Knight sets apart some down time in the main story, but it seems that however you slice it the side quests will stick out like a thumb. This time around I beat Cobblepot first, Nightwing and Batman have a sentimental parting dialog, and I followed with beating Scarecrow to end the story. Then I did the bonus missions and Nightwing just shows up nonchalantly to help subdue Croc in the bonus DLC mission lol. Then I did the Mr. Freeze mission which involves the Knight's militia, but I have already beat every single militia side quest and subdued Deathstroke as well. So where are these goons basing their operation lol.
..What mirror universe?
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I'm playing Crusader Kings II and the Quest for Glory series.
The owls are not what they seem.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:24 pmQuest for Glory series
That's kind of old school. And Sierra Adventures no less, so it's hardcore as well.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Been hearing good things about Ion Fury.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Pity the creators decided me and millions of others are mentally ill.
Granted I'm not really the audience for old-school grit FPS games so I didn't lose out there. Hell of a lot of girls I know did though.

What I have been playing is the newest Fire Emblem. I'm coming up on the big midway tone shift, and god I think this might be the best Fire Emblem? Which considering I've played every game they've released in stores and at least two they haven't, so I'm already all in on this goofy, anime-ass franchise, is a big statement.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

I played Beneath a Steel Sky recently. On the better side of the 90s adventure game, with only one "Fuck You" moment. The story was kind of on the lighter side, stalling out between the relatively exciting beginning and the ending of the game, but it was a different time. I appreciated the factor of how the computer was ruined after a human gave it comprehension of greed and negative emotions. The veiny research complex was a little weird, and I found the VR sequence difficult to begin with.

Besides that, I'm still working my way through the 3DS Ace Attorney games.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

TGLS wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pmI played Beneath a Steel Sky recently. On the better side of the 90s adventure game, with only one "Fuck You" moment.
Oh? What moment might that have been? I mean, the game has Sierra-Deaths all over the place, but usually they are quite foreseeable, if you pay attention. But then again, thinking back about playing the game when it was just released (fuck me, I am old...), I very much remember not paying enough attention way too often, partially caused by lack of english vocabulary at the time...

P.S.: If you liked BaSS, I'd like to recommend Technobabylon and Primordia and, by extension, all the WadjetEye-games. Similar style of gameplay and Technobabylon and Primordia in particular, share a lot of the cyberpunk-thematics.

P.P.S.: I wish someone would remake the Neuromancer game...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

TGLS wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm
Besides that, I'm still working my way through the 3DS Ace Attorney games.
Ooh, are you just doing Dual Destiny/Spirit of Justice or are you also gonna play Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright? It's probably the weakest of those three games but even so it feels weirdly underplayed, I almost never see people talk about it.