Full Moon

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Full Moon

Post by Steve »

jstrahan wrote:Great review, as always. The only problem I have is the infrequent airing (six months!).
I'm still waiting on Chuck to get to Book 3 of Legend of Korra, not to mention the end of Book 4. :P

Man, we need to get Chuck a pocket universe time dilation field or something. He can go in, work for hours, and walk out and only seconds have passed in real time. That way he can live a normal life and still catch up on the animation queue!
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Yeah, but then he would age faster relative to the rest of us. ;)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Yes, a filler episode, but quite enjoyable. I think a needed break before a 4 episode stretch of serious ones. The next one will introduce the song that, to me, turns out to be the saddest, Eternal Snow. It tears me up every time I hear it. You can check out my first post for a link to it.

SPOILER ALERT:

(hmm, I don't seem to remember how to cover up a spoiler. Can somebody refresh my memory?)
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

This is gonna sound horrible, and I'm sorry, but this filler episode was the first FM episode whose write up appealed to me. For me it is either Giant Robot Battles or Wacky Challenge Antics when it comes to anime (or both together, like NGE EP: #9) so FM has really not grabbed me. This episode sounds fun though, daft fun but fun nonetheless.

I am disappointed this was a Full Moon Episode Review instead of Kanazuki No Miko, I wanted it to be the latter. Because then it would be over! I like torturing Chuck with bad things to review as much as the next girl (why do you think so many of my requests are episodes of Enterprise or S1 TNG) but I just want him to be able to put KNM in the rearview mirror as quick as possible and get some R&R (so he can tackle some Enterprise, hopefully before my next round of surgeries: I just don't what the monthly data allowance is in the afterlife if the surgeon gets a sneezing fit whilst guddling around my innards) because he needs the break.

Still, loved this episode of Full Moon. Loved the review too. Thank you Chuck, you are still the best.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

jstrahan wrote:Yes, a filler episode, but quite enjoyable. I think a needed break before a 4 episode stretch of serious ones. The next one will introduce the song that, to me, turns out to be the saddest, Eternal Snow. It tears me up every time I hear it. You can check out my first post for a link to it.

SPOILER ALERT:

(hmm, I don't seem to remember how to cover up a spoiler. Can somebody refresh my memory?)
So they end the dub the episode after an arc? What kind of idiots thought that up?

Spoilers:
Spoiled Milk!

Code: Select all

[color=transparent]Spoiled Milk![/color]
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

TGLS wrote: So they end the dub the episode after an arc? What kind of idiots thought that up?
Yes. The next arc is a 4 episode Madoka arc and the one after that is a filler episode. That episode, #28, is the last dubbed one.

Oh, and I still don't get your instructions on the spoiler thing. I put my text in place of spoiled milk! and I get a colored blank. No text shows.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

So remember back when Chuck asked if plants popping out of thin air was "normal" for Japan? I'm going to assume that it is considering that a persons insults can actually cause physical harm to a person as shown in Moving Panic. Who knew that the feels could be used as a actual weapon?
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

You know, questionable gender politics aside, I kinda do agree that kids really need to be taught some life skills. I mean, I don't expect you to be a master chef to get by in life, but you should be able to follow a recipe. And you may not need to know all of the hidden tricks of the trade or be able to use a washboard, but you should still know how to keep a house/apartment tidy. And that goes for either gender.

SPOILER (as a test, not actual spoilers): And I bet the doc never thought he'd see the day he'd ask an invisible death spirit to help him move part of a sofa.

Huh, seems to work fine for me. Or were you wanting to create a text box somebody can open up or something like that?
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Edvarius wrote: SPOILER (as a test, not actual spoilers): And I bet the doc never thought he'd see the day he'd ask an invisible death spirit to help him move part of a sofa.

Huh, seems to work fine for me. Or were you wanting to create a text box somebody can open up or something like that?
All I see is a blue box with no text. This happens in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Here's how the spoilers look to me:
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu