Paranoia Agent

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Paranoia Agent

Post by TGLS »

Hearthstone23 wrote:Anyone else but me not spoiling themselves with this show so they experience it as Chuck does?
No, did the exact opposite. Saw the first review, said "Sold!", and abandoned my Anime embargo.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
TerranceMonster
Redshirt

Post by TerranceMonster »

Without spoiling things too much, the best part is when we finally find out who and what Lil' Slugger really is...
Terrance The Tentacle Monster
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Kon is my ideological enemy, and I will bite him given the opportunity.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Darmani
Officer

Post by Darmani »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:Kon is my ideological enemy, and I will bite him given the opportunity.
He's uhm dead. And what did he do that make you feel that?
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

Redem wrote:
Nevix wrote:...Man, I'd forgotten how creepy this show was, and especially how much of a sleaze the crooked cop was.

Or more precisely, I remembered the incestuous creeping, but I also forgot the theft, debt to the mob, and most everything else. And that doesn't even cover how creepy the younger cop is after his breakdown.

Also, that doesn't even cover some of the upcoming episodes...
From the sound of it this is less forgetting than repressing
Either way, the guy is the worst of sleazebags.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Its kinda like if you turned the entire premise of X-Cops 'The X-file episode' into a series except substitute the various emotional triggers and the overall lethality of the perp
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Darmani wrote:
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:Kon is my ideological enemy, and I will bite him given the opportunity.
It's a creeping suspicion I get from his apparent artistic message. I heard he has a big anti-escapism kick, and the overall narrative sets my hackles up and puts my defenses up.
Just because somebody's dead, that doesn't mean I can't find a way to bite them.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:
Darmani wrote:
It's a creeping suspicion I get from his apparent artistic message. I heard he has a big anti-escapism kick, and the overall narrative sets my hackles up and puts my defenses up.
Just because somebody's dead, that doesn't mean I can't find a way to bite them.

so What you're saying is Kon's Anti-Escapism rubs your Pro-Escapism the wrong way?
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

There are degrees of escapism.
Escapism on a national scale that prevents unfortunate truths to be faced leads to stupid decisions being made on the national level.
They have to wake up. Get "woke" if you will.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Escapism is generally harmless...

The issue 'nowadays being pretty prevalent' is people choosing their fantasy at the expense of reality