SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Independent George
Officer

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Independent George »

mathewgsmith wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:46 am Personally I found Smuggler the best of the Republic class stories, and that was mostly from the humor. The Knight and Trooper have an almost complete lack of agency or personality, the Knight especially being seemingly deliberately written to be a the most generic fantasy hero ever. The Consular would be my favorite for either side if the whole thing was like their story from Alderaan on, but the rest of Act 1 for them is the absolute dullest grind in the game where every planet is almost exactly the same. I enjoy all of the Imperial stories.
This is close to my experience. I thought Trooper was ok (not great, but not terrible either), but I was bored to tears with both of the Jedi stories by the time Act 1 ended. I did complete Consular and got to the end of Act 2 of Knight before quitting. Every time Chuck posts a TOR review, I'm tempted to go back and finish, but I actually deleted the character because I was on free mode (Jedi Knight being the first character I created). I really don't want to grind through the entire story again.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I kinda liked Jedi Knight, though I played it as 100% fully LS with no dark choices. Paragon of virtue. That was balanced by my Inquisitor being pure DS with no light choices. Both of these paths were entertaining in their own way.

Actually, the gameplay method I've applied to most MMOs in the past several years is to level every class evenly in parallel. This constantly mixes things up so the grind never gets too tedious, and rest state accumulates on the other alts so that's ready to go. The legacy system and having cross-class emotes was nice too (maybe they've changed that in the intervening years, not sure).

youtu.be/tngL9NcicjI
Oh, I guess Youtube's not inlineable right now, but still clickable. And on a side note, there's a bit of dialogue from Part 7 that's a callback to Part 1.
I think this only happens if you get her to go away by telling him he’s alive, which I did, but I don’t recall if not telling her that forces her to attack you then and there.
rbray18
Redshirt

Post by rbray18 »

it's always fun for me seeing discussions of swtor. as i think i'm one of the few who likes the knight's story best. my fav gameplay is sith sorcer lighting focused. but i do enjoy sfdebris reviews. though i imagine his views on the knight's story would be interesting to watch.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Just as a notice: part 3 has apparently been blocked.
AkatsukiLeader13
Redshirt

Post by AkatsukiLeader13 »

Yeah, I'm getting the Blocked in Your Country (Canada) message as well. I checked all the other TOR videos and they aren't blocked here so it's just that one.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I would love if he put the other videoes on YouTube. Of SWTOR atleast.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:43 pm I would love if he put the other videoes on YouTube. Of SWTOR atleast.
I think it's the music videos that fuck with that. SF Debris' opening songs and themes that are so catchy are the kind of things that the Youtube AI look for.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Modified Part 3 and it now passes the bots. The master file was unfortunately lost, but I found a workaround.

I've also fixed some of the coding with playlists, so the ones that are there should be working now.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

You're a great man, Charles. Thank you for your efforts and work and thank you to those people who can and do support your actions monetarily.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Thank you, Chuck. You're the second best Chuck I know.