Full Metal Panic!

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TheGreenMan
Redshirt

Re: Full Metal Panic!

Post by TheGreenMan »

I hope we get to see him react to Fumoffu.
satorukun0530
Redshirt

Post by satorukun0530 »

Untitled.png
"女子ソフトボール部" means "Girls' Softball Club". Apparently Chuck's app didn't pick up the "ボール" part, but translating "部" as "parts" seems pretty clumsy.
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

At least this anime does not treat the sexual violations one specific character wants to perform on another specific character as a good thing.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

MyUserName wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:01 pm Chuck thinks he's seen anime weirdness.

Wait til he gets to the Fumoffu season of this series and sees the Charge of the Bonta-Kuns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj1SzURv0uM

You aint seen half of the weird and dark s#it that anime can show you. Thats a deep, dark, and bottomless rabbit hole. The minute you think you've seen s#it, it drags you down to depths your soul was never brave enough to imagine.
Oh, indeed the bad anime are "Oh God... this anime proves that Satan is real!" levels of ungodly awful.

But the good anime are often REALLY DAMN GOOD. Or tons of fun. Or interesting. Or silly. Or compelling and you keep watching them for over a decade because you want to know who is doing what...

And, honestly, if I could, I would drop a pile of money on Chuck to review the rest of Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Because they're both quite good, and it's obvious that he enjoyed what he did watch.

EDIT: Also... I love Full Metal Panic. It's hilarious AND the action is great!

EDIT2 (The Sequel) (Also, read the next comment in a rather grumbly irritated tone.): ...Oh right... The Panty Thief episode... The one episode I skipped. Because panty thief episode...
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

I was vaguely aware of this anime when it was new, but I only ever saw like one episode of Fumoffu at the time. It was very funny. It seems to exist at about the right mix of science fiction, military stuff and wacky comedy to be ideal of Chuck, I think...

I just realized Full Metal Panic various seasons is available on Crunchy Roll, I guess I can watch the rest of Fumoffu at some point...
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

I think Chuck has watched so many specific anime that has panty shots...that anime which doesn't do that...surprises him. Meanwhile, us otakus that have been watching since the dawn of time have learned to never really expect the panty shot...but appreciate it when it shows up...most of the time
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

Nevix wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:56 am
MyUserName wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:01 pm Chuck thinks he's seen anime weirdness.

Wait til he gets to the Fumoffu season of this series and sees the Charge of the Bonta-Kuns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj1SzURv0uM

You aint seen half of the weird and dark s#it that anime can show you. Thats a deep, dark, and bottomless rabbit hole. The minute you think you've seen s#it, it drags you down to depths your soul was never brave enough to imagine.
Oh, indeed the bad anime are "Oh God... this anime proves that Satan is real!" levels of ungodly awful.

But the good anime are often REALLY DAMN GOOD. Or tons of fun. Or interesting. Or silly. Or compelling and you keep watching them for over a decade because you want to know who is doing what...

And, honestly, if I could, I would drop a pile of money on Chuck to review the rest of Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Because they're both quite good, and it's obvious that he enjoyed what he did watch.

EDIT: Also... I love Full Metal Panic. It's hilarious AND the action is great!

EDIT2 (The Sequel) (Also, read the next comment in a rather grumbly irritated tone.): ...Oh right... The Panty Thief episode... The one episode I skipped. Because panty thief episode...

I've been watching anime since the 80's and love it. Love how imaginative and creative and varied it is.

But then, sometimes, people use that creativity for some truly, TRULY, messed up stuff.

I'd love to see Chuck Review End of Evangelion, Though I suspect it would thoroughly break him on a deep psychological level. I've known hard core anime fans that just quit half way through because the nihilism goes clear off the reservation.

Him reviewing Ninja Scroll would be a fun experiment just to see how much gratuitous violence, blood and nudity he can take with a good compelling story.

Ranma 1/2 would either make him quit by the end of episode 2 or break him of any and all Political Correctness.

And I think we all want him to return to Gurren Lagann, because we all know the utter kick in the nuts thats coming in two episodes from where he stopped that would make him question every conception of the show he's had up til now.

Or maybe just Excel Saga, Space Dandy, or FLCL just to see how much weirdness he can take before cracking.

I also think he should try Full Metal Panics japanese language track. Because Kanames Seiyuu gives her a very unique growl to her voice while still making her sound like a young school girl. It definitely makes her sound very alpha woman-ish.

And Kurz's hilarious broken Japanese/english in episode II when he's playing his role was too damn funny. I also don't like Tessa's dub actress, she just doesn't speak with the same authority and dignity while still sounding like a young genius teenage girl.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

I think Chuck should have done a bit more research since FMP takes place in an alternate early 2000s so I'd switch Justin Beiber Jokes and use Backstreet Boys

Actually rolling my eyes a bit because when Chuck mentioned Tumblr and again, show takes place in early 2000s. A MySpace joke would have worked better or a Blog joke
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

excalibur wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:06 am I think Chuck has watched so many specific anime that has panty shots...that anime which doesn't do that...surprises him. Meanwhile, us otakus that have been watching since the dawn of time have learned to never really expect the panty shot...but appreciate it when it shows up...most of the time
Well, thats entirely the fault of the people who made requests. He could have gone through the entire Ghibli catalog, Harlock, Yamato, Lain,Nadia Secret of Blue Water, the rest of Robotech, Cowboy Bebop and GiTS... and instead he went through Kannazuki No Miko, Mahoromatic and Full Moon.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:36 am
excalibur wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:06 am I think Chuck has watched so many specific anime that has panty shots...that anime which doesn't do that...surprises him. Meanwhile, us otakus that have been watching since the dawn of time have learned to never really expect the panty shot...but appreciate it when it shows up...most of the time
Well, thats entirely the fault of the people who made requests. He could have gone through the entire Ghibli catalog, Harlock, Yamato, Lain, Nadia Secret of Blue Water, the rest of Robotech, Cowboy Bebop and GiTS... and instead, he went through Kannazuki No Miko, Mahoromatic and Full Moon.
Or The Big O or Baccano or Patlabor or Steamboy or more episodes of Kino... Hell, have him do Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, at least he'd know what he was in for from the title alone.