RIP Aron Eisenberg

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Worffan101
Captain

Re: RIP Aron Eisenberg

Post by Worffan101 »

A truly sad day. :( Eisenberg was a gift, and his performances always brighten my day.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

PerrySimm wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:34 pm Wheeling around the station to earn FIVE BARS of gold-pressed latinum would have to be my favourite Nog episode, followed by Nog joining Starfleet.
That episode is what gives me so much joy in imagining Nog as captain of his own ship. The kind of crew he'd put together would be a sight to behold.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Come think of it, sadly I never cared about Nog as character or Aron Eisenberg's performance as Nog until now when he is gone. Back then I was so focused on Starfleet characters, Kira and Odo in show to notice not helped by me not liking Ferengi. But I am far more mature now than I was back then as teenager.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

His character really became interesting once he became a Starfleet character, honestly. Until then, he was mostly a character for the main ones to deal with, but didn't have his own purpose/goals/etc.

Not that his role as friend for Jake wasn't important, but it was fairly one-dimensional most of the time, and served as a foil for Federation values.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

... you literally never cared until now? I liked Nog even if I liked others more. :shock:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Looks like it was a heart attack for those who are wondering.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I liked Nog from the point I saw Jake teaching him how to read. When he joined Starfleet he was a way to rattle the Federation's pedestal a bit, which I thought was done skillfully and enjoyably, and I appreciated him more. I never really disliked the character, and I think the actor did a fine job portraying him.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

"Heart of Stone" is like one of the high-water marks from Season 3, at least imo.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

Sir Will wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:36 pm So sad. Too soon. RIP.
I agree.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynlZS3-GTZk
..What mirror universe?