Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Blaze Rocker »

CrypticMirror wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm
Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:07 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 pm
Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:32 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm If the queue ever opens up again, and like an all swallowing black hole it might never do so, then I will so be asking for the old B&W Batman series with Lewis Wilson and the sequel with Robert Lowery. I love the old black and white stuff, I wish I'd asked for more of it ten years ago.

Oh, and I guess Disney's The Black Hole movie too. Not b&w, but honestly surreal and goofy. I love goofy stuff too.
If Chuck ever gets around to the Knight Rider reviews I donated for, three years ago, I'll consider donating for Disney's 'The Black Hole'. The script and effects have some issues but I love the acting, music and the atmosphere of that movie.
You asked for Knight Rider? Original gen, please say it was original gen KR, please? I love you for that, even if it was one of the sequels. Classic 80s cheese.
Hell yeah original generation! 'Knight of the Phoenix' parts 1 and 2, 'A Good Day at White Rock' with BSG's Anne Lockhart and of course 'Trust Doesn't Rust' with Peter Cullen as the voice of K.A.R.R.

Last summer I asked Chuck about when he might get around to them and he said I was around number 73 in the queue. Well, it's been a year and three months and they're still not on the schedule. :cry:
These reviews by donation would be considered a Gentleman's Agreement so there is no legal obligation for Chuck to do them on a first-come first-serve basis and he's been jumping the list as he sees fit. At this rate it could be another five years before I see them so my advice to anyone wanting to donate for a review is to pick a property he's already done, such as BSG or ST:TNG, if you want your review quicker as he is more likely to do what he already knows . . . . which of course only screws me over worse. :?

UPDATE #1

After an email reminder about how long I've been waiting, Chuck agrees that I've waited long enough for my reviews that I donated for oh so long ago. With a little luck he should have some Knight Rider goodness for us by the end of December.

Thanks Chuck. I knew you wouldn't let me down. :P

UPDATE #2 11/30

Well, it looks like Chuck decided to let me down this Christmas. Three years and nine months after sending in my donation, my Knight Rider reviews still aren't on the schedule. That's a real shame.
Well they could be the mystery Christmas show. I think Chuck has ran out of all the usual material. He's done Trek, Doctor Who, SG1, and something else I cannot remember what, so maybe Knight Rider is getting the Christmas Day long form slot. Nil desperandum, and all that. I'm quite sure I have had some stuff in the queue from long before three years. I think a few people have, the queue is so very very very long at this point, it'll take Chuck a while to move it all through. Especially with all the whole anime series reviews in it.
Nah. I've essentially been screwed the entire month of November at my last place of work. To suddenly not get screwed yet again would just break the streak. Chuck has something else in mind for the Christmas show and it ain't Knight Rider. He has no interest in the show, which I can't really blame him for as it hasn't held up over time as many others have, and he would have reviewed at least one episode by now if he really wanted to. Maybe January will finally be the month.
Now, not getting my KR reviews is disappointing but what's really eating me up is that I've got money to burn and I'd like to donate more as there are a few episodes of ST:TNG that I really want him to review, and an episode or two of BSG 78', and the movies 'The Black Hole' and 'Interstellar' which would go great back to back. I'm sure he would bump other requests in order to at least do the TNG episodes sooner as he is quite familiar with that and they should be relatively easy to do, but without seeing a return on the money I've already invested I just can't bring myself to commit any more at this point.

We'll just have to wait like everyone else. :|
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Nuff said.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

Scififan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:20 pm Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Nuff said.
Well, it does have better rewatchability than Xena: Warrior Princess.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:11 am Nah. I've essentially been screwed the entire month of November at my last place of work. To suddenly not get screwed yet again would just break the streak. Chuck has something else in mind for the Christmas show and it ain't Knight Rider. He has no interest in the show, which I can't really blame him for as it hasn't held up over time as many others have, and he would have reviewed at least one episode by now if he really wanted to. Maybe January will finally be the month.
Now, not getting my KR reviews is disappointing but what's really eating me up is that I've got money to burn and I'd like to donate more as there are a few episodes of ST:TNG that I really want him to review, and an episode or two of BSG 78', and the movies 'The Black Hole' and 'Interstellar' which would go great back to back. I'm sure he would bump other requests in order to at least do the TNG episodes sooner as he is quite familiar with that and they should be relatively easy to do, but without seeing a return on the money I've already invested I just can't bring myself to commit any more at this point.

We'll just have to wait like everyone else. :|
And Chuck proved me wrong in a wonderfully entertaining fashion. :)

Thanks, Charles, for an excellent Christmas show.

I hope everyone enjoyed the episodes I picked. I thought it best to make sure I got the beginning of the series, choose an average episode and then an episode that was a bit more special as they all give younger viewers a sample of the time period that was the early 1980s. These first season episodes have stars of the past, present and future: Richard Basehart, Edward Mulhare, Anne Lockhart, Herbert Jefferson Jr., John Quade, Charles Napier, and of course David Hasslehoff, William Sanderson and Peter Cullen as the voice of K.A.R.R.. If you watch 'Good Day at White Rock' and 'Trust Doesn't Rust' carefully you'll notice plenty of use of the Universal Studios back-lot which would later be made famous in 'Back to the Future'.
The show's episodes were pretty formulaic in their plot structure and in Michael Knight's character. If you watch those four episodes then you won't find much deviation by the end of the series. It is mostly for these reasons that I don't expect to be requesting Chuck review any more episodes of the series. If you see these four episodes then you've largely seen them all.

For those interested in picking up a box set of Knight Rider you should carefully consider your purchase. My Blu-ray set has no special features, is of an inferior video quality to the DVD release and its episodes were meant for syndication rather than those originally broadcast. It's also infested with cover songs because the music rights expired and the originals were overpriced to use. You might find some original songs but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I hope everyone has/had a merry Christmas and a happy holiday season.
Urzagc13
Redshirt

Post by Urzagc13 »

Apologies if "promoting" our own posts is not allowed. I couldn't find anything regarding that, but if I am in violation of anything please let me know and I will edit this post.

A brand new animated series in the Madoka Magica universe (called Magia Record) just finished airing its first season a few days ago, though it seems that not many people here are aware of it (or if they are, there has been no mention since the series started at the start of the year). I would like to rectify that, so I made a post about it in "Off-topic/Sci-fi and Fantasy" section: [url]https://sfdebris.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4974[/url]. I would much appreciate everyone's replies there.

[Edit: I somehow can't get the url to show a link]

Obviously, as huge fan of his Madoka reviews, I would also LOVE (and I am willing to commission) for Chuck to give his opinion on the new series. Though (as I explain in my linked post), even if he had the time to do it right now, there are a few reasons why he should wait before tackling this series, so this is more of a wishful thinking for the eventual epicness that would be Chuck's return to the Madoka universe.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I'd like to see Chuck do the 1975 BBC series Survivors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch7N7KCn778
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Stargate Universe.

I really need him to tear into that one.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Rvb
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

From books I would like him to tackle some 40k or Battletech novels but then again I am fan of both so there is that.

From movies I would love to see him review Ultramarines or Blade 2 or either Hellboy movie by Del Torro.

As far as TV shows go I still want to see him review Battletech animated series.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Vardon
Redshirt

Post by Vardon »

I think Buffy could be fun.

One I don't see people talking about that I have some nostalgia from is Gerry Anderson's Space Precinct, I'd like to see what he thinks of the show.

The 90s Tick cartoon could be a good one to do too.