DIS - Saints of Imperfection

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Re: DIS - Saints of Imperfection

Post by Nightbeat74 »

hay did anyone else see the wheelchair guy in the background of the ep he is kinda "blink and you will miss it" bit but ,as someone who had to use a wheelchair for ~3 months after cracking her hip at 21, i felt it was nice touch.on the chair it self it looks semi motorized like if he needs to somewhere quick or has to keep ahold on something he can just press a button and go.
Taurian Patriot
Officer

Post by Taurian Patriot »

Yeah, the quick wheelchair shot was a pretty great background detail. I'd hope it would be fully motorized though - especially what with Pike ending up in one by TOS - but maybe this particular person likes to work out their arms, or go with old-school simplicity.

Chuck's increasing frustration with Michael is something I feel every time I hear her trying to be logical or philosophical. At this point, I prefer to think the Vulcans just taught her wrong. Maybe her tutors were all ENT-era leftovers who wanted to smugly reassure themselves that they were naturally the smarter species, and raised her to be their "evidence."
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

Taurian Patriot wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:39 am Yeah, the quick wheelchair shot was a pretty great background detail. I'd hope it would be fully motorized though - especially what with Pike ending up in one by TOS - but maybe this particular person likes to work out their arms, or go with old-school simplicity.
well seeing how messed up pike was i think Darth Vader would feel sorry for him, :cry: "damn at lest i can walk and talk in my life support suit" :shock:, and background wheelchair guy can use his arms and get a nice work out too.
Enterprising
Officer

Post by Enterprising »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Don't you think she's kind of annoying though?>

JK
I’ve found her okay in small doses, though she does get rather annoying at times with the OTT nattering, at least one of the writers has cottoned on to this as well after giving Stammets the line: “Tilly, say less things.”
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Enterprising wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:58 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Don't you think she's kind of annoying though?>

JK
I’ve found her okay in small doses, though she does get rather annoying at times with the OTT nattering, at least one of the writers has cottoned on to this as well after giving Stammets the line: “Tilly, say less things.”
It's a pretty minor thing overall, but she tends to get distracted by her own excitement a lot.

And as if it's something I bet a lot of people aren't personally familiar with.
..What mirror universe?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

STD: The Search for Spock at least gives us an emotional hook for old fans, and I think this uses Tilly a bit better than before. The spores unfortunately become a bit more magic. They're like this version of Trek's transporters; need an evil duplicate or to turn some main characters into children? Use the transporter.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Taurian Patriot wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:39 am Yeah, the quick wheelchair shot was a pretty great background detail. I'd hope it would be fully motorized though - especially what with Pike ending up in one by TOS - but maybe this particular person likes to work out their arms, or go with old-school simplicity.

Chuck's increasing frustration with Michael is something I feel every time I hear her trying to be logical or philosophical. At this point, I prefer to think the Vulcans just taught her wrong. Maybe her tutors were all ENT-era leftovers who wanted to smugly reassure themselves that they were naturally the smarter species, and raised her to be their "evidence."
Everyone on the show sounds like a pompous moron the moment any of them try to be profound, or logical, or philosophical. The writers simply aren't up to writing at that level, but they keep doing it. Thanks to Dunning-Kruger, I bet they think they succeeded, too.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

IronySandwich wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:09 pm Is it me or does Chuck seems to like Micheal less and less with each episode.
It's rather like a song being played incessantly on the radio. Even if you like it, you can only hear it so many times before listening to it becomes torture.
Micheal would be a much better character if she was used a third as often.
Is it me or are they trying to do with Micheal that Shatner did with Kirk in star Trek five?
Taurian Patriot
Officer

Post by Taurian Patriot »

Shatner at least had the courtesy of taking it so far that it became funny.

I honestly wonder how much feedback and freedom the writers get. Do they just keep themselves isolated from criticism, or in a state of denial? Are they dumbing everything down because of some executive mandate? Are the actors allowed to offer any input? I remember there were a few legitimately boneheaded decisions the writers of DS9 almost made until one or another of the actors just said "no."
thevirtualjim
Redshirt

Post by thevirtualjim »

I can't seem to full-screen this video at all