What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Woohoo I did the Dark Knight Leveling System in one playthrough of the normal story mode of Arkham Origins. Got pretty frustrating towards the end, but I managed to find all the Anarky tags without internet help too.
Last edited by BridgeConsoleMasher on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
..What mirror universe?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Cannon Fodder. Old and punishing. Apparently the DOS version is extra difficult, but one guy running makes it easy. Home 226:5 Away
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I've been replaying one of my favorites, Master of Orion. I love that game.
The owls are not what they seem.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

TGLS wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:15 am Cannon Fodder. Old and punishing. Apparently the DOS version is extra difficult, but one guy running makes it easy. Home 226:5 Away
That brings memories. I used to play Cannon Fodder on Amiga 500 (it had sang theme song!) and it's my favorite game from that time.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:28 am I've been replaying one of my favorites, Master of Orion. I love that game.
Which part?

Also, playing Subnautica Below Zero.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 pm Also, playing Subnautica Below Zero.
I've been waiting for that, haven't wanted to spoil anything by playing it before it's completely ready though.

Sounds like Below Zero isn't going to have VR support, which is a pity because it was very effective on the original (almost too effective - meeting a Reaper Leviathan in VR is not at all fun!)
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Mecha82 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:39 pm
TGLS wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:15 am Cannon Fodder. Old and punishing. Apparently the DOS version is extra difficult, but one guy running makes it easy. Home 226:5 Away
That brings memories. I used to play Cannon Fodder on Amiga 500 (it had sang theme song!) and it's my favorite game from that time.
Ditto, great game although I never managed to complete it. Played it on the Archimedes.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 pm
ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:28 am I've been replaying one of my favorites, Master of Orion. I love that game.
Which part?
The first one from 93. Typically my feeling has been that old strategy games might not hold up as well as some other genres, but I came across it on GOG about 20 years after release and was really impressed by how cohesive and well-balanced it was. Straightforward, fairly simple gameplay, but with a good amount of depth and complexity underneath. You have total control, but random elements like your starting position, your faction, the stance of the ai around you, random events, etc., can unexpectedly make the game really easy or hard without feeling too unfair.

I haven't really tried MoO2 despite it's being the most acclaimed game in the series, so I'm looking forward to trying it after I'm done with MoO1.
Also, playing Subnautica Below Zero.
Another one I should pick up again.
The owls are not what they seem.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Between everything else I have been learning and playing some Under Night In-Birth with newest version being out. I have had fun with this anime fighting game with whip user Phonon being my favorite character to play as.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
tyrteg
Officer

Post by tyrteg »

Borderlands 3 after it finished getting properly beta-tested on Epic and arrived to us on Steam at 50% discount. So far - great game. Love the improvements and guns running around on tiny legs.