Brexit Day is cometh

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
unknownsample
Officer

Re: Brexit Day is cometh

Post by unknownsample »

Brexit will most likely be a disaster and those responsible will try their best to dodge that responsibilty, this will divide Britain becasue for all the talk of unity and coming together, it still leads me and others to feel like we're second class citizens in our own country. Still at least we'll get some blue passports.

Oh and here's a little song to mark the glorious day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN7r0Rr1Qyc
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:21 pm Brexit will most likely be a disaster and those responsible will try their best to dodge that responsibilty, this will divide Britain becasue for all the talk of unity and coming together, it still leads me and others to feel like we're second class citizens in our own country. Still at least we'll get some blue passports.

What do you think of my song? I may or may not have ripped it off from an infamous puppet film but I think it works nonetheless.

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!
Comin' again to save the motherfuckin' day, Yeah

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!
Freedom is the only way, Yeah

EU, you're game is through
cause now you have ta answer to

Brexit, Fuck yeah!
So lick my butt and suck on my balls

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!
Whatcha' gonna do when we come for you now

It's the dream that we all share
It's the hope for tomorrow
(Fuck Yeah!)
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

PS, even I am not this hardcore a Leaver. I saw a joke and took it.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

clearspira wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:37 pm
unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:21 pm Brexit will most likely be a disaster and those responsible will try their best to dodge that responsibilty, this will divide Britain becasue for all the talk of unity and coming together, it still leads me and others to feel like we're second class citizens in our own country. Still at least we'll get some blue passports.

What do you think of my song? I may or may not have ripped it off from an infamous puppet film but I think it works nonetheless.

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!

Brexit, Fuck yeah!

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!

(Fuck Yeah!)
Joke's on you. Doing anything special tonight?, Why not try and get wasted on some good old proper British beer, watch the Dam Busters, see a foreigner and beat them up whilst shouting who won the war anyway or eat some goold old fish and chips.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Look I am happy that you brits got this over with but if you expect this to be easy and painless without any problems you are either naive or stupid or possible both. Then again Wilson Churchill did say that best argument against democracy is conversation with average voter.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:37 pm

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!

Brexit, Fuck yeah!

Brexit, Fuck Yeah!

(Fuck Yeah!)
Joke's on you. Doing anything special tonight?, Why not try and get wasted on some good old proper British beer, watch the Dam Busters, see a foreigner and beat them up whilst shouting who won the war anyway or eat some goold old fish and chips.
I have very good relationships with many Remainers as the Remainers I know are reasonable, decent people who can see both sides of an argument and debate with nuance. People like you however who come along armed with nothing more substantive than accusations of racism then frankly... I drink your tears.

BTW, you are speaking to a Millennial who decided to vote Brexit whilst in secondary school. The toxic nostalgia rhetoric that people like you like to employ towards ''the Boomers'' won't work with me.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Mecha82 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:19 pm Look I am happy that you brits got this over with but if you expect this to be easy and painless without any problems you are either naive or stupid or possible both. Then again Wilson Churchill did say that best argument against democracy is conversation with average voter.
Short term pain I have always conceded is possible, but you cannot make an omelette without cracking eggs. When did people get so fearful of having to wade through a bit of rough in order to reach the fairway anyway?

And yes, it will be ''a bit'' of rough. The apocalyptic predictions just do not hold water.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Clearspria what'd you mean by Hawaiian?
..What mirror universe?
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

clearspira wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:37 pm
Mecha82 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:19 pm Look I am happy that you brits got this over with but if you expect this to be easy and painless without any problems you are either naive or stupid or possible both. Then again Wilson Churchill did say that best argument against democracy is conversation with average voter.
Short term pain I have always conceded is possible, but you cannot make an omelette without cracking eggs. When did people get so fearful of having to wade through a bit of rough in order to reach the fairway anyway?

And yes, it will be ''a bit'' of rough. The apocalyptic predictions just do not hold water.
Just as long as you're not one of the eggs being broken. I think it's only fair and reasonable that those that want this should be prepared to lose thier jobs. Oh and I'm not crying, I'm harnessing my anger.
LittleRaven
Captain

Post by LittleRaven »

My favorite Brexit song so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FT3W-rXsA

(I just enjoy the song. I'm an American, and don't really know enough to have a strong opinion on Brexit.)
Last edited by LittleRaven on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.