Ent: The Breach

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Ent: The Breach

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

He's the only doctor we know of that keeps an arrangement of exotic animals and also their corresponding prey. Though I am curious how particularly he deals with them without it becoming a disaster.
..What mirror universe?
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:15 pm He's the only doctor we know of that keeps an arrangement of exotic animals and also their corresponding prey. Though I am curious how particularly he deals with them without it becoming a disaster.
From TOS, didn’t it go out of hand because they got into a large supply of food? On DS9, the population explosion also happened where there is food, Quark’s bar. Maybe Phlox just limits the supply and has enough security on the cage to make sure they don’t go out.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Meushell wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:34 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:15 pm He's the only doctor we know of that keeps an arrangement of exotic animals and also their corresponding prey. Though I am curious how particularly he deals with them without it becoming a disaster.
From TOS, didn’t it go out of hand because they got into a large supply of food? On DS9, the population explosion also happened where there is food, Quark’s bar. Maybe Phlox just limits the supply and has enough security on the cage to make sure they don’t go out.
Perhaps I was being a bit out of hand there.
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:37 pm
Meushell wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:34 pm
Perhaps I was being a bit out of hand there.
That actually sounds about right.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

While Phlox throwing a tribble in his pet velociraptor cage could have probably been less problematic in a different episode, and preferably later in said episode, I think having the scene of a Denobulan casually kill a defenseless creature, then nonchalantly brushing it off as "well they're just pests, there's more where they're coming from" scene as the teaser to an episode where the main topic of discussion is whether or not the Denobulans were guilty of genocide/xenocide in their past... no... just no.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

Mabus wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:37 pm While Phlox throwing a tribble in his pet velociraptor cage could have probably been less problematic in a different episode, and preferably later in said episode, I think having the scene of a Denobulan casually kill a defenseless creature, then nonchalantly brushing it off as "well they're just pests, there's more where they're coming from" scene as the teaser to an episode where the main topic of discussion is whether or not the Denobulans were guilty of genocide/xenocide in their past... no... just no.
agreed this was the wrong ep to put that in a night in sick bay would have way been better and it not be alive, and i see tribbles as an ecological menace off their home planet and i am also looking forward seeing a klingon wearing a tribble fur coat at some point. that just sounds like something they would do.
Taurian Patriot
Officer

Post by Taurian Patriot »

Say, has anything in Trek ever explained how tribbles manage to get into food supplies as quickly and easily as they seem to do? They've only ever been shown as barely wriggling, from what I remember.

Are they lightning fast but only when nobody's looking? Are they just fuzzy balloons, blasting gas to hurl themselves through the air and deflating enough to squeeze into small cracks? I'm honestly trying to think of something that fits what we've seen on screen, and that's the best I've got.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Taurian Patriot wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:03 pm Say, has anything in Trek ever explained how tribbles manage to get into food supplies as quickly and easily as they seem to do? They've only ever been shown as barely wriggling, from what I remember.

Are they lightning fast but only when nobody's looking? Are they just fuzzy balloons, blasting gas to hurl themselves through the air and deflating enough to squeeze into small cracks? I'm honestly trying to think of something that fits what we've seen on screen, and that's the best I've got.
Perhaps they're a very unlikely subspecies of Weeping Angel.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:23 pm
Taurian Patriot wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:03 pm Say, has anything in Trek ever explained how tribbles manage to get into food supplies as quickly and easily as they seem to do? They've only ever been shown as barely wriggling, from what I remember.

Perhaps they're a very unlikely subspecies of Weeping Angel.
:shock: :o in the words of the late Mr.Data "OH, SHIT!" :shock: :o
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

They use the Picard maneuver. In fact that's where he got it from.
..What mirror universe?