MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:03 pm
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am Can't think of any particular punishments for either Dash or the CMC beyond maybe doing some clean up in places.
that's all I'd need, just don't know why it never happened to Discord, Spike, Tempest Shadow or Starlight Glimmer.
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am In Discord's case, I have no problem saying that 1000 years as a statue is sufficient punishment.
but Discord was never punished for stuff he did after that. I'm not sure you understand how double jeopardy works.
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am If you really have to rationalize it for the rest, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. She issued them a royal pardon.
she has a more symbolic position but does she have the power to pardon? because politically, she's actually ranked below Celestia and Luna for most of the show. besides, I just can't believe that pardoning every single one of these reformed villains would not have massive backlash from the public. just because the Main Six forgave them doesn't mean literally everyone, everywhere, does.

I am fine with it for the most part in The Lion Guard because, for example, with Janja and the other underlings of Scar, since they aren't part of the Pride Lands, the only options after they reformed are pardon them or kill them, so, I'm fine with the former in that case. but Equestria actually has prisons and a justice system and stuff.
I feel due to the lesser technology level and less political change, they probably wouldn't used modern day prison system as much as tribal exilism, what ever it call when you banish someone from your town.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:51 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:03 pm
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am Can't think of any particular punishments for either Dash or the CMC beyond maybe doing some clean up in places.
that's all I'd need, just don't know why it never happened to Discord, Spike, Tempest Shadow or Starlight Glimmer.
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am In Discord's case, I have no problem saying that 1000 years as a statue is sufficient punishment.
but Discord was never punished for stuff he did after that. I'm not sure you understand how double jeopardy works.
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am If you really have to rationalize it for the rest, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. She issued them a royal pardon.
she has a more symbolic position but does she have the power to pardon? because politically, she's actually ranked below Celestia and Luna for most of the show. besides, I just can't believe that pardoning every single one of these reformed villains would not have massive backlash from the public. just because the Main Six forgave them doesn't mean literally everyone, everywhere, does.

I am fine with it for the most part in The Lion Guard because, for example, with Janja and the other underlings of Scar, since they aren't part of the Pride Lands, the only options after they reformed are pardon them or kill them, so, I'm fine with the former in that case. but Equestria actually has prisons and a justice system and stuff.
I feel due to the lesser technology level and less political change, they probably wouldn't used modern day prison system as much as tribal exilism, what ever it call when you banish someone from your town.
then why aren't those former villains still shunned or exiled more often? I'm sure Tempest Shadow, a war criminal, would be shunned.

also, we have seen modern law related stuff in the show, some background ponies are police officers and Appalousa has a jail house and a sheriff.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

and how is the show not putting a gun to kids heads and telling them that they absolutely have to forgive someone, no matter how bad or how many times they hurt them or it's them that is the bad person?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:48 pm and how is the show not putting a gun to kids heads and telling them that they absolutely have to forgive someone, no matter how bad or how many times they hurt them or it's them that is the bad person?
They can't force their beliefs onto others, the fact you have to go to such extremes for your argument is weak at best.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Hey did anyone else find Chuck went into his speak too soon?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:37 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:48 pm and how is the show not putting a gun to kids heads and telling them that they absolutely have to forgive someone, no matter how bad or how many times they hurt them or it's them that is the bad person?
They can't force their beliefs onto others, the fact you have to go to such extremes for your argument is weak at best.
well, from the Watsonian perspective, there is still the completely immersion breaking fact that literally the whole universe forgives these former villains and not just the main characters, every, single, time.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I don't mind having them but going through a ten minutes speak when you only got through five minutes of episode seems like he doesn't want to talk about it
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:17 pm I don't mind having them but going through a ten minutes speak when you only got through five minutes of episode seems like he doesn't want to talk about it
not sure what you are trying to say there.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:51 pm I feel due to the lesser technology level and less political change, they probably wouldn't used modern day prison system as much as tribal exilism, what ever it call when you banish someone from your town.
also, how does that make any sense? it doesn't matter about technology, they have police and jails but never use them.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

One thing that I didn't like was how he went on a ten minute speak when he didn't even spend that much time on the episode before going off topic.