MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

and one point I can give Starlight Glimmer is that she was ready to accept punishment but none of the other reformed villains take accountability like that. Discord even hid from punishment after he betrayed Equestria to Tirek. Luckily for him, Equestrian society is full of doormats who are incapable of doing anything to criminals or their enemies but coddle them. and it's not like they don't have ways to physically punish Discord, for one, Celestia and Luna are capable of petrifying someone without the Elements.

and how come in "To Change a Changeling" they flat out say that no one is a lost cause but then not every villain in the series is reformed?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I am not saying that Chuck speech was a bad one, but he should have waited for it atleast 15 minutes before starting.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:28 pm I am not saying that Chuck speech was a bad one, but he should have waited for it atleast 15 minutes before starting.
I know I reply to threads a lot but since it never seemed to be that much of a problem before, it seems you are purposely trying to derail my part of the discussion. and I at least try to say something different each time.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:31 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:28 pm I am not saying that Chuck speech was a bad one, but he should have waited for it atleast 15 minutes before starting.
I know I reply to threads a lot but since it never seemed to be that much of a problem before, it seems you are purposely trying to derail my part of the discussion. and I at least try to say something different each time.
Here an idea, stop repeating yourself.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

I usually only reply when I have something new to say or want to clarify something.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

and because I thought it would be relevant to my problem with MLP. I watched two videos about how the Diamonds from Steven Universe aren't actually redeemed as many have said and the show is not saying you should forgive dictators or otherwise horrible people but it just made me realize even more that Friendship is Magic is teaching kids to forgive horrible people and sweep their actions under the rug.

like, Discord never really changed, he only cares about Fluttershy in how their relationship affects him and doesn't give a shit about anyone else. once again, when I think of a redemption that works, I think of Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z, he wasn't evil entirely of his own free will and it took long time for him to become a good guy, three story arcs and eleven in-story years and he was still hated by almost everyone on the show till then. and even when he was going to sacrifice himself to save the Earth and finally fought for others instead of himself, he was told in no uncertain terms that he would still go to Hell because one noble act doesn't make up for his past villainy.

why can't kids be taught that BOTH peaceful and violent solutions can work? the only two shows I know of that teach that are Elena of Avalor and The Lion Guard, and even they have some problematic issues in other areas.

if the show wants to be so unrealistically idealistic, why did they use it as a moral teaching show? is this just my autism making me not get it again?
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:35 pm Hey did anyone else find Chuck went into his speak too soon?
No, not at all.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

I'm sorry if I am getting on people's nerves but again, I just can't rationalize this tendency of the show, how do not only the main six but literally everyone ever forgive and trust these former villains, Dragon Ball Z had a power of friendship theme but it still took Vegeta the whole series to be fully redeemed in the eyes of the other characters.

and in Elena of Avalor, the secondary villain Cruz was eventually pardoned but the episode where that happened had him and his sister being chased around to be put back in prison.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Then watch those shows.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:57 pm Then watch those shows.
it's just there are still things about MLP I like but this one thing I just can't get past.