Choas Mode

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Re: Choas Mode

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

I hope Chuck feels better.
I myself have been stressed out lately and the ambient chaos of the world has only added to that.
This last week was supposed to be my spring break, visit the last Smithsonian museum I haven't been to, and I was going to fly to a friend's wedding... They still got married paperwork wise, but the big ceremony had to be postponed as none of the guests were going to be able to attend.

It is strange to now be "working from home" as I always work from home, but now I find myself in a state of executive dysfunction.

It is not a fun time and Chaos Mode is a good descriptor.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

I hope Chuck is doing better since the heart attack.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Some of you are lucky, trying to perceive and smell the stress pheromones around the world is like a cosmic horror story with Janeway's idea of madness done right. And it scares me.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

BBally81 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 pm I hope Chuck is doing better since the heart attack.
It wasn't a heart attack (thankfully) but it was a stress induced attack. Less severe but still scary.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Here's to hoping that Chuck can bring himself to take it easy. I don't follow a huge number of independent content creators, but I don't know any that are as conscientious about meeting and exceeding such a heavy schedule of regularly delivered, high quality material. This despite a vast array of technical and real life/medical setbacks. He's certainly more than earned the patience, understanding, and support of his patreons/viewers, and I'm sure he'll get it.
The owls are not what they seem.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Most content creators, if their videos have any heavy scripting and editing, make one video a week. If they have a team to do editing for them they might do two, or their videos can be off the cuff rambls or lets plays they can do more. But generally a single solo content maker only does one video a week, if even that much.

Chuck is the only one I know that solo does three videos every single week, with no assistance for the editing, and sometimes even more when he pulls out things like the Pony specials or does multiple episodes in a single review.

I know he has a huge backlog even now after having the submissions closed for years and he wants to get through that, but I kind wish he'd cut down to just two videos a week for a while for his health's sake. This isn't the first medical scare he's had from stress.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

He does deserve a break.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:39 am Here's to hoping that Chuck can bring himself to take it easy. I don't follow a huge number of independent content creators, but I don't know any that are as conscientious about meeting and exceeding such a heavy schedule of regularly delivered, high quality material. This despite a vast array of technical and real life/medical setbacks. He's certainly more than earned the patience, understanding, and support of his patreons/viewers, and I'm sure he'll get it.
Quite.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

No wonder he has been taking some breaks time to time when he tends to work too hard. I mean he tends to have several videos each week to upload when some other internet reviewers have most of time 1 video each week.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Doesn't help CBS is trying to remove his work.