MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

how so?
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's generally better to give kids a message of redemption and moving on than to spend time on the ponies getting therapy for their troubles here.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Robovski wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:28 am I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's generally better to give kids a message of redemption and moving on than to spend time on the ponies getting therapy for their troubles here.
but glossing over that could give kids the impression that horrible abuse like what happened in those episodes is not a big deal.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:22 am
Robovski wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:28 am I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's generally better to give kids a message of redemption and moving on than to spend time on the ponies getting therapy for their troubles here.
but glossing over that could give kids the impression that horrible abuse like what happened in those episodes is not a big deal.
YMMV
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

No it wouldn't.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

CrypticMirror wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pm
how?

No it wouldn't.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:02 am
CrypticMirror wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pm
how?

No it wouldn't.
Weird how you make a post and don't write anything.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

I put my reply in the wrong place. but this thing with Starlight is symptomatic of a bigger problem with the show as I said before. someone earlier said that showing or talking about punishment isn't the point of most episodes, well, when is it appropriate?
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:56 am I put my reply in the wrong place. but this thing with Starlight is symptomatic of a bigger problem with the show as I said before. someone earlier said that showing or talking about punishment isn't the point of most episodes, well, when is it appropriate?
Kids are born judgemental, because they are human and humans are a judgey-judgey species, so it is important to teach them how to forgive, because forgiveness does not come naturally. Forgiving is a far less harmful message to send that to keep on being judgey.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

CrypticMirror wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:52 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:56 am I put my reply in the wrong place. but this thing with Starlight is symptomatic of a bigger problem with the show as I said before. someone earlier said that showing or talking about punishment isn't the point of most episodes, well, when is it appropriate?
Kids are born judgemental, because they are human and humans are a judgey-judgey species, so it is important to teach them how to forgive, because forgiveness does not come naturally. Forgiving is a far less harmful message to send that to keep on being judgey.
forgiveness and justice are both needed for a healthy mindset.