Coronavirus - the new pandemic

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Coronavirus - the new pandemic

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

*laugh track*

Also, Pence is visiting Covid19 patients without wearing a mask.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

It's easy to be careless when you can afford healthcare I guess.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Is anyone still working/studying during this panic, because I both have to deal with new commission fees and dealing with a literal over-paranoid mother who is being incredibly hostile to me and accusing the very many isolated neighbors in our complex as "Typhoid Mary's". Fudge, Trump needs to send in the SEAL's to get the notes or the meds that China had to heal themselves with instead of US citizens trying to starve corona out by "social-distancing".
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Lots of people are still working and studying. Many of them are doing it without PPE, because it's do that or starve to death.

If you want 45 to do anything helpful, well...tough shit.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

So, cemetery working in NYC struggling to keep up with the volume of corpses. People have to view funerals from a distance.
Meanwhile we got clown-college dropouts in Tennessee forming maskless packed mobs to demand their right to get haircuts and eat at Applebees.
https://abc7ny.com/6138904/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_TW&taid=5eaa4190e21434000119f6e9&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

That pretty much shows how moronic those people are amnd how easy it's to people like Koch brothers and Alex Joes to use that to they advantige.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

I feel so sorry for all the people of New York. My thoughts and hopes and prayers are with them.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:23 pmMy thoughts and hopes and prayers are with them.
I'm inclined to just reply with: "Go fuck yourself, too." But since we're a small community here, I'll change that to: "What the flying fuck has your fucking god ever done good for humankind? If he could or wanted to heal the pandemic, he would not have allowed it to happen in the first place, so either he's ignoring the problem or causing it, which in either case, is damning. So stuff that shit to where the sun doesn't shine and either do something that actually helps or at least have the common human decency to not mock the victims further!"
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:15 pm
Captain Crimson wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:23 pmMy thoughts and hopes and prayers are with them.
I'm inclined to just reply with: "Go fuck yourself, too." But since we're a small community here, I'll change that to: "What the flying fuck has your fucking god ever done good for humankind? If he could or wanted to heal the pandemic, he would not have allowed it to happen in the first place, so either he's ignoring the problem or causing it, which in either case, is damning. So fuck your god and fuck your prayers and stuff that shit to where the sun doesn't shine and either do something that actually helps or at least have the common human decency to not mock the victims further!"
:shock: The H is wrong with you? I'm doing what I can, but it's not enough. I wear a mask on the rare occasions I'm forced outside, I honor the quarantine, I practice social distancing. And you don't even know what my beliefs are. It was just a figure of expression, and while I believe in an abstract concept of "God," it is less what we think of it and a universal force connecting us all, like electromagnetism. A universal consciousness. Does that mean we shouldn't try to clean up our own act ourselves? Of course not. But I'm doing my part.

EDIT: Many of those victims could be religious themselves, whether christian or muslim or something in between. Did you ever consider that? I don't think it is dishonoring them when my intent is to offer support to the families and hope the victims have their rest. Your retort is not logical. Though if you feel outrage against the injustice out there, believe me, I could understand that. You hear the stories all the time about people who leave the church because they grew to hate God for never helping out. Fair enough. But in this context, I've never been a member of the church. I just want the best for the victims.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:18 pm:shock: The H is wrong with you? I'm doing what I can, but it's not enough. I wear a mask on the rare occasions I'm forced outside, I honor the quarantine, I practice social distancing. And you don't even know what my beliefs are. It was just a figure of expression, and while I believe in an abstract concept of "God," it is less what we think of it and a universal force connecting us all, like electromagnetism. A universal consciousness. Does that mean we shouldn't try to clean up our own act ourselves? Of course not. But I'm doing my part.
It is a terrible figure of speech, because at best, it's a completely empty gesture and at worst, it's an open and active act of mockery and contempt.
Captain Crimson wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:18 pmEDIT: Many of those victims could be religious themselves, whether christian or muslim or something in between. Did you ever consider that? I don't think it is dishonoring them when my intent is to offer support to the families and hope the victims have their rest. Your retort is not logical. Though if you feel outrage against the injustice out there, believe me, I could understand that. You hear the stories all the time about people who leave the church because they grew to hate God for never helping out. Fair enough. But in this context, I've never been a member of the church. I just want the best for the victims.
And did you consider the atheists, the hindus, the taoists, the shintoists, the various american pagan believes and so on? No, you did not and you even make it a point in your post, which really shows how little thought you put behind your words in the first place, made even worse by your dismissive attitute of "whether christian or muslim or something in between".

If you have nothing to say and can only offer empty words, then you better not open your mouth at all, because all you are doing is doing something to make yourself feel better and rubbing it in everyone's face, while wasting everyone's time on top of it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox