MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Robovski wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:54 am We are at the point where maybe this topic has been exhausted and perhaps we should all just move on.
I'm with you on this.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Deledrius wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm - Most media is still aimed at neurotypical audiences. It's going to assume those abilities, for good or for ill. You want things spelled out for you, and in many cases I'd say you're right, but the people making a lot of these stories assume that they can imply punishment without needing to show it and the audience will be satisfied. Whether that's fair to other members of the audience is a conversation worth having, but in the context of the show's expectations, they're probably usually correct.
last time I will post on this thread but I hope I get a reply. the problem is that MLP never even implied punishments, they just never happened in any way, shape or form. like this exchange from the first episode of season 8, regarding the main reformed antagonist from the movie that took place right before.

Starlight Glimmer: I— you— really? What about that unicorn, the one who attacked Canterlot?
Twilight Sparkle: Tempest! I invited her to come to Ponyville, but she wanted to spread the word of the Storm King's defeat! And share what she learned about friendship.

and she had cameos in the big battle and Twilight's coronation at the end of the series which meant she faced no consequences at all for treason and war crimes.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

CrypticMirror wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:30 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:42 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:49 pm Then why are you talking?
what's this trend of zero accountability going to teach kids?
Something something participation trophies something something good hard paddlin' something something think of the childrens something something muh values.
okay, really the last post on this thread. How am I being a socour parent, isn't my concern the exact opposite of what those types would want?

and I still don't know why other shows made for our are currently airing on channels made for toddlers like Elena of Avalor and 101 Dalmatians: The Series, can do these sorts of things but not this show.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:00 pm
Something something participation trophies something something good hard paddlin' something something think of the childrens something something muh values.
okay, really the last post on this thread. How am I being a socour parent, isn't my concern the exact opposite of what those types would want?

and I still don't know why other shows made for our are currently airing on channels made for toddlers like Elena of Avalor and 101 Dalmatians: The Series, can do these sorts of things but not this show.
Because your the only one who cares.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:28 pm

that response is a complete non sequiter.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:18 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:28 pm

that response is a complete non sequiter.
The blancmange has stolen all the purple from the lavalamp shrimps.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

still a non sequiter. you're derailing the thread if you keep doing that. and my questions are still unanswered.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

We are at the point where your questions will not be answered to your satisfaction.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

So why do you keep asking.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:39 am still a non sequiter. you're derailing the thread if you keep doing that. and my questions are still unanswered.
Dragon Ball Fan, look, I think this is important to you. But it's been hashed, re-hashed, and re-re-hashed. If it were potatoes you could eat it for breakfast. I don't think anyone on either side is going to budge after another round.

Sometimes intelligent, honest, thoughtful people disagree in areas where values are concerned. I don't think anyone has all the answers; sometimes we're all just muddling through where what's right vs. what's righter comes into play.

If you respond to this and I don't respond to your response, don't take it as an insult, please. This is just my (probably last) attempt to put this to bed without any more ill feelings on anyone's behalf.