Star Trek Discovery If Memory Serves

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Percysowner
Redshirt

Re: Star Trek Discovery If Memory Serves

Post by Percysowner »

So we have the announcement that we are getting another Star Trek series "Strange New Worlds" which will focus on the adventures of Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One. Does that mean we will get to see "The Menagerie/The Cage/If Memory Serves" for a FOURTH time, with a new perspective? Will Talos IV become the next hotspot of activity for all the CBS Access/Paramount Network Star Trek shows?
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Planetary destruction seen/experienced via mind meld that causes mental damage to the person?
Wow, talk about copy-pasting. Hell, they even used the same footage of the planets blowing up in Picard!

I can't say that the episode was exactly bad, but apart from the subplot involving Culbert, it felt like it didn't achieve much.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Percysowner wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:51 pm So we have the announcement that we are getting another Star Trek series "Strange New Worlds" which will focus on the adventures of Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One. Does that mean we will get to see "The Menagerie/The Cage/If Memory Serves" for a FOURTH time, with a new perspective? Will Talos IV become the next hotspot of activity for all the CBS Access/Paramount Network Star Trek shows?
I can't wait.

Calooh Callay.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I do wish they to to a new time period.
FlynnTaggart
Officer

Post by FlynnTaggart »

The horrible thing about this review is it almost makes me want to go back to watching the show. Its got some very interesting elements, Saru being snarky, Culbert experiencing being a zombie in a manner atleast to me seems far more realistic then all the other times people died on Trek, Ash still being very interesting and more so having to deal with a guy he murdered, and a kind of return to a classic TOS moment with the Cage. But then I remember how bland the main character is and how they don't do anything interesting with the interesting things they got so I ain't fooled by STD's trickery.

And I'm really glad that I am sly as a moose because I am so sick to death of these galaxy endings plots. One of the reasons I dropped Dr Who and got tired of Picard pretty quick (also the pointless deaths and dark and edgy plotline), when the stakes are that high it to me can be hard to care, to me its seems to lose a grounded nature, the human element. It becomes a Roland Emmerich show but without the special effects budget to shut off your brain and watch landmarks explode. Atleast thats just how I feel.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

i feel that we need to find the middle ground. we need a story that isn't the end of all life as we know it, isn't a war and isn't going to drastically change the time line but won't be another destroy it in the end because its too powerful. Plot wise.

other wise i could do with a pike star trek series, it would be interesting and we could go with some more trek about some of the other trek races like andorians that we didn't see anything past enterprise -they barely show up in tos so i think a series that gives us more work with some of the existing star trek races we already know could be good.

Though what id like to see is more stuff with the romulans because they are one of my favorite trek bad guys and i just feel that they would make for good long running bad guys as everything is a plot with them.

In many ways we did kind of get that with tng as several of the romulan plots from tng could be all woven together to form a series of moves and gambits from their side but we never saw the meeting of them discussing everything.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Yeah, I do wish they could just have a planet be in danger.
cloudkitt
Officer

Post by cloudkitt »

I really can't take a fourth consecutive season of a serialized tale about THE END OF ALL SENTIENT LIFE IN THE GALAXY. I mean, good lord, even the MOVIES with big stakes usually only involved the destruction of Earth.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

cloudkitt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:24 pm I really can't take a fourth consecutive season of a serialized tale about THE END OF ALL SENTIENT LIFE IN THE GALAXY. I mean, good lord, even the MOVIES with big stakes usually only involved the destruction of Earth.
That does seems a little silly.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

and you know they will start upping the states next it will be a will destroy not only all living but undo time itself like all good things anti time, or they will threaten every dimension, id like it to be more personal

also stop screwing with the space time continum , any more holes in this thing and we can call it swiss
Last edited by chaos42 on Thu May 21, 2020 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.