TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by TGLS »

Would it be possible to make the subtitles bigger?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Nobody700
Officer

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by Nobody700 »

Gotta admit I was not a fan of the previous run, felt like it was just dragging so much, so now I hope this one is better. Was a fan of the previous ones.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

He should really try streaming his gameplay.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

drewder wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:48 pm He should really try streaming his gameplay.
Yes
Linkara
Officer

Post by Linkara »

Actually started playing the Old Republic Bounty Hunter thanks to Chuck's videos. Currently in the middle of chapter 3 and looking forward to seeing where things progress on his side and where he zigs where I zag.

I take the attitude that the Bounty Hunter should be a more neutral figure - he works for the Empire more because they're willing to pay, but he's all about justice. The traditional role of a bounty hunter in today's society is more about getting bail jumpers - people who agreed to show up in court and thus are evading the law. As such, since my bounty hunter is about justice, he'll let them give a justification for their actions and maybe even side with someone if injustice is occurring (as we saw with the Evocii resistance and agreeing to spare their leader), but of course he's after money, as well, and is willing to spare someone for the right price, too, if he can find a workaround.

My bounty hunter (Dek Dodjer) let the Republic scientist go, too. Sure, I could've turned in her bounty, too, but she was small potatoes compared to the Great Hunt. I won't take jobs that try to help slavers or assist bigots in the Empire, and with the Jedi padawan who we're given a chance to kill later, I let her go. Of course, the Republic ended up on my shit list after what happened later, but that's to be expected.

I'm also friendlier to Mako than Chuck was - she's inexperienced, perhaps, but still an asset and friend. And while Chuck prefers to be the Lone Rose, Dek Dodjer understands that a bounty hunter doing mercenary work can do a lot better with a solid crew that trusts one another. Unfortunately, Skadge has just recently joined up in my playthrough and I just... ughh. I so prefer Blizz as my companion - little dude's so fun and excitable.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

What's the song he keeps using as a sting whenever he says the Hunter's name?
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
s955120
Redshirt

Post by s955120 »

Ah, bounty hunter, the first character I played in the TOR.

I tried to make my character all about the money, but at the same time not acted too cartoonishly evil. So my bounty hunter end up becoming someone like some tsundere character from anime: "I only in this for the money... OK, here is some money that can help you. But it's not because I like you or anything... baka." :D
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

mathewgsmith wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:54 am What's the song he keeps using as a sting whenever he says the Hunter's name?
It's by SEAL, Kiss From A Rose, you might remember it from Batman Forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

One thing I noticed in Chuck's playthroughs is that no matter what class, species or personality he gives his character, the undeniable "I'm awesome" piece makes its way into the character.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Linkara wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:43 pmI'm also friendlier to Mako than Chuck was - she's inexperienced, perhaps, but still an asset and friend. And while Chuck prefers to be the Lone Rose, Dek Dodjer understands that a bounty hunter doing mercenary work can do a lot better with a solid crew that trusts one another. Unfortunately, Skadge has just recently joined up in my playthrough and I just... ughh. I so prefer Blizz as my companion - little dude's so fun and excitable.
Blizz is awesome. Skadge, as I remember... yeah, had we been allowed to initially, I would have left his hide on the planet we pick him up on. Preferably two meters under.

BTW, what is that armor the Lone Rose is wearing?