Why Walter Peck was wrong?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Why Walter Peck was wrong?

Post by Thebestoftherest »

DoctorWTF wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:23 am
MafiaKirby wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:46 am 3) The Ghostbusters are scamming their clients. This would be hard to prove, since Peck would need to prove that not only do the Ghostbusters use a pointless lightshow, they actually KNOW THAT THEY’RE DOING THAT, but even so, that’s not a matter for the federal EPA. That’s a matter for the city’s DCWP (Department of Consumer and Worker Protection) or the state CPB (Consumer Protection Bureau.)
As I recall, Peck specifically claimed that the Ghostbusters were putting hallucinogens into the water supply to make people see ghosts (though that may have been just when they were all in the mayor's office after Peck set all the ghosts free). Which sounds like it would be a matter for the DEA, as well as possibly regular old police. That is, of course, it would be if there were any real evidence beyond naked speculation.
To me that always seems like him trying to cover his butt after he cause an explosion.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I watched tons of times when I was a kid, both movies in fact, but now that I know the details, I not see the Ghostbusters are underdogs victims of the system, not when they have such powerful and unregulated weapons and basically nuclear reactor in their base, Beck is not the mindless idiot, he actually had valid reasons for his actions the movie treat him like a clown. And all comes to the background to this movie, to the ideology of the director, that he even admit it himself, loved Reagan policies, this is basically Law Abiding Citizen, great if you turn off your brain and not think about the details, that our hero is basically a cold blooded killer that killed some tugs when white collar crime, mostly bank executives kicking down grandmas of their own houses for a penny is the most common crime in the U. S., not petty crime, that is actually going low, and also there is the cherry on top that our beloved vigilante killer worked for the CIA. And never the less that make it justified his actions? Make justified that the District Attorney not make more deals with petty criminals? What about the banks that rob people of their homes, their work and their lives, that basically committed fraud and get away with it? They also wont have a deal?
The director didn't come up with the concept of the Ghostbusters. The concept came from Dan Akroyd and the script from Harold Ramis. Please drop this idea that it is a ideology-driven picture since it comes from Dan's Hollywood eccentric obsession with the occult.

You are spouting nonsense.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:19 am
I watched tons of times when I was a kid, both movies in fact, but now that I know the details, I not see the Ghostbusters are underdogs victims of the system, not when they have such powerful and unregulated weapons and basically nuclear reactor in their base, Beck is not the mindless idiot, he actually had valid reasons for his actions the movie treat him like a clown. And all comes to the background to this movie, to the ideology of the director, that he even admit it himself, loved Reagan policies, this is basically Law Abiding Citizen, great if you turn off your brain and not think about the details, that our hero is basically a cold blooded killer that killed some tugs when white collar crime, mostly bank executives kicking down grandmas of their own houses for a penny is the most common crime in the U. S., not petty crime, that is actually going low, and also there is the cherry on top that our beloved vigilante killer worked for the CIA. And never the less that make it justified his actions? Make justified that the District Attorney not make more deals with petty criminals? What about the banks that rob people of their homes, their work and their lives, that basically committed fraud and get away with it? They also wont have a deal?
The director didn't come up with the concept of the Ghostbusters. The concept came from Dan Akroyd and the script from Harold Ramis. Please drop this idea that it is a ideology-driven picture since it comes from Dan's Hollywood eccentric obsession with the occult.

You are spouting nonsense.
Wait... what ideology is he accusing Ivan Reitman of again?

I mean, even if Ivan did write this film on his own (he didn't, but bear with me) his credits also includes ''Twins'', ''Junior'' and ''Kindergarten Cop.'' Apart from proving that Arnold Schwarzenegger is not funny, are we saying that these three films came from the same man who also writes extreme propaganda pieces?
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

clearspira wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:42 pmWait... what ideology is he accusing Ivan Reitman of again?

I mean, even if Ivan did write this film on his own (he didn't, but bear with me) his credits also includes ''Twins'', ''Junior'' and ''Kindergarten Cop.'' Apart from proving that Arnold Schwarzenegger is not funny, are we saying that these three films came from the same man who also writes extreme propaganda pieces?
Yup, all evil ultra conservative redneck anti-black, anti-jew, pro-nazi hard-right republicanism. Ghostbusters was just a stone in the foundation of Trump becoming the US' Great Leader.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:36 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:42 pmWait... what ideology is he accusing Ivan Reitman of again?

Yup, all evil ultra conservative redneck anti-black, anti-jew, pro-nazi hard-right republicanism. Ghostbusters was just a stone in the foundation of Trump becoming the US' Great Leader.
The Hulk couldn't have made that leap.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:56 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:36 pm

The Hulk couldn't have made that leap.
It's just a very long-term plan. Probably started out in ancient egypt, when Atlanteans had a chat with the Sphinx-builders about their alien buddies from the capital of the hollow Earth, Agartha.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

I mean as far as cover stories for a pro-Christian Reagenite a Jewish Canadian of Czechoslovak descent who directed films like "Meatballs", "Twins", and "Dave" is a damn good one. In fact I'm shocked and impressed that anyone saw through it.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

TrueMetis wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:14 am I mean as far as cover stories for a pro-Christian Reagenite a Jewish Canadian of Czechoslovak descent who directed films like "Meatballs", "Twins", and "Dave" is a damn good one. In fact I'm shocked and impressed that anyone saw through it.
Seriously, Ghostbusters gets some WEIRD ****ing interpretations. Movie Bob insists this movie is an anti-religion film about using science to slay the Old Testament God.

https://youtu.be/BPoILjs6BYI
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

I don't think you need any sort of big conspiracy or consciously laid out political agenda. It's entirely possible (and, given the film, quite likely) that at least some of the filmmakers had a negative view of the EPA, and Walter Peck is a reflection of that.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:52 pm
TrueMetis wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:14 am I mean as far as cover stories for a pro-Christian Reagenite a Jewish Canadian of Czechoslovak descent who directed films like "Meatballs", "Twins", and "Dave" is a damn good one. In fact I'm shocked and impressed that anyone saw through it.
Seriously, Ghostbusters gets some WEIRD ****ing interpretations. Movie Bob insists this movie is an anti-religion film about using science to slay the Old Testament God.

https://youtu.be/BPoILjs6BYI
This... trainwreck of a reviewer is still not out of business?
Fianna wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:42 pm I don't think you need any sort of big conspiracy or consciously laid out political agenda. It's entirely possible (and, given the film, quite likely) that at least some of the filmmakers had a negative view of the EPA, and Walter Peck is a reflection of that.
Isn't it simply much more likely, that the "obnoxious and mad-with-power beaurocrat" is a well established and often used trope and archetype? Oh hey, it is! So sometimes the cigar really is just a cigar... :roll:
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox