Contagion (2011) Review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beelzquill
Officer

Re: Contagion (2011) Review

Post by Beelzquill »

I will say I wish it was another "worst of" thing, I get why it wasn't but still, its a shame the streak of worsts is over.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I can understand
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Beelzquill wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:37 pm I will say I wish it was another "worst of" thing, I get why it wasn't but still, its a shame the streak of worsts is over.
Knightrider was last year and for that he did the pilot and the most memorable episdoe.

You might find Knightrider itself off-putting enough to warrant just being a worst oddity by default, but the streak of worst episode was already broken, and Knightrider certainly wasn't the worst show he's ever done.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

So a little story, I was in college back when this movie was being made and being part of an acting class we heard about the shooting that was going on in San Francisco and that they needed extras. So me and a few buddies took the train over and met up with the casting agents there.

A little while later I got a call on my cell from that group, but it was while I was in the middle of class so I ignored it. And when I tried calling back, well I missed my chance. In retrospect I should've just stepped outside and took the call. It was a philosophy in literature course and the teacher never shut up about Joseph Conrad's "The Secret Agent."

Anyway, that's the story of how I was almost in this movie.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Riedquat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:45 pm The answer isn't to completely go in to reverse, it's to find a good balance.
The 'balance' is just fine for me thanks. More tech the better. Bring it on. More and more tech.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Riedquat wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:57 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:31 am
Riedquat wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:23 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:57 pm I think that we need at least one day hearing good news.
One person's good news is usually someone else's bad news.
How is less death by disease a bad thing?
"Usually."

It's also important to put it in to perspective, even though that usually gets someone's hackles up. Death by disease happens all the time, and yes, there's more of it than usual at the moment. But it's not Black Death levels, not by a long shot. So don't let things seem worse than they really are - which isn't to say that they're not bad and should be ignored - but they may not be as bad as it feels.
The hell is wrong with you?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:50 pm
Beelzquill wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:37 pm I will say I wish it was another "worst of" thing, I get why it wasn't but still, its a shame the streak of worsts is over.
Knightrider was last year and for that he did the pilot and the most memorable episdoe.

You might find Knightrider itself off-putting enough to warrant just being a worst oddity by default, but the streak of worst episode was already broken, and Knightrider certainly wasn't the worst show he's ever done.
I think the reason why this keeps on getting brought up - this is not a pop at Chuck its just an observation - that he has broken a tradition that has lasted a decade. People enjoyed it, expect it, and I think in this terrible year there were those looking forward to kicking back on Christmas morn and watching him unleash on some notorious piece of crap. I get why he chose ''Contagion'', but I also get why there is disappointment. I also think that there was a sense of Knight Rider being a one off as that was due to circumstance.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Sir Will wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:13 am The hell is wrong with you?
Absolutely nothing. I rather think you missed the point of my post, which is that yes, it seems bad, and whilst it's certainly not good it's actually not as bad as a lot of people seem to feel either. Doesn't mean it's at all good, but don't despair.

edit again: Unless you misconstrued by "usually." I was emphasising my earlier use of the word, where I said someone's bad news is usually someone else's good news. When it comes to things people do at any rate.

I suppose it could've been read to think I was saying "Less death by disease is usually good", implying that sometimes it isn't. That was not my intention at all. Less death by disease is always good, and medical advances are one area where I'm definitely for continuing to push them to improve as hard as possible.
Last edited by Riedquat on Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Sir Will wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:11 am
Riedquat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:45 pm The answer isn't to completely go in to reverse, it's to find a good balance.
The 'balance' is just fine for me thanks. More tech the better. Bring it on. More and more tech.
We're all different, all want different things. Just make sure that you're capable of understanding where people you don't agree with are coming from though.