Jodie Whittaker steps down as Dr Who

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Jodie Whittaker steps down as Dr Who

Post by Thebestoftherest »

So? The shows reconning things isn't good it annoys old fans and scares off new people.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Al-1701 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:12 pm I know people are talking a lot about this, but it's standard and expected. A regeneration of the Doctor lasts three seasons and then it's time to move to the next. I think Revolution of the Daleks helped digest what's happened somewhat. I don't think it's the show shattering reveal some act like (Timelords have never been shining examples morality, so I could see them do this), so they can continue onward with this. It might even open up some opportunities.
Not all doctors stay only three seasons (looking at you Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee). Heck if anything she might stay longer than three seasons if 1. she likes the role and doesn't interfere with anything or 2.To spite the people whining about a female doctor.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Yes but that was classic era things change
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks had a final official TV rating of 6.25 million viewers.

The final rating takes into account all those who recorded the programme and watched it within one week.

The rating confirms Doctor Who as the top-rated BBC One programme for New Year's Day, beating EastEnders which had 4.36 million watching and Mrs Brown's Boys with 4.87 million.

Overall Doctor Who was second for the day, with Coronation Street just claiming the top spot with 6.39 million viewers.

Doctor Who is likely to finish the week as the 8th most-watched programme, the same position held by the New Year 2020 programme SpyFall.

The most-watched programme for the week ending 3rd January was Happy New Year Live! with 9.92 million watching London mark the start of 2021.
https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2021/01/r ... gures.html
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

Al-1701 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:12 pm I know people are talking a lot about this, but it's standard and expected. A regeneration of the Doctor lasts three seasons and then it's time to move to the next. I think Revolution of the Daleks helped digest what's happened somewhat. I don't think it's the show shattering reveal some act like (Timelords have never been shining examples morality, so I could see them do this), so they can continue onward with this. It might even open up some opportunities.
Yeah, the Timelords have committed acts in the past that would be considered atrocities like how in an attempt to prevent alien spies from escaping with their secrets, they changed Earth's position which caused disasters that killed a huge number of the planet's population, and the revelation led to one of the few good 6th Doctor scenes.

youtu.be/xiHy5Mn7QlU
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

From what i've seen of both eras besides the doctor the only other decent timelords seem to be Romana and a couple of others.
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

BBally81 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:44 pm
youtu.be/23skrgRPbrw
3.27: ''But where is the plummet!? I'm not seeing the big kaboom.''

David Tennant, Voyage of the Damned - 13.31 million.

Jodie Whittaker, Revolution of the Daleks - 6.25 million.

This my friend is why you should always fact check agenda-driven Youtubers such as this. And I would also like to note that Voyage of the Damned managed to get double the viewing figures despite the fact that people were allowed to leave their homes back then. We're in a Lockdown in Britain. We are required by law to sit inside with little else to do but watch TV - and it STILL didn't manage to get close.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Has it been confirmed yet about Jodie leaving yet or is it still a rumor?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

clearspira wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 pm
BBally81 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:44 pm
youtu.be/23skrgRPbrw
3.27: ''But where is the plummet!? I'm not seeing the big kaboom.''

David Tennant, Voyage of the Damned - 13.31 million.

Jodie Whittaker, Revolution of the Daleks - 6.25 million.

This my friend is why you should always fact check agenda-driven Youtubers such as this. And I would also like to note that Voyage of the Damned managed to get double the viewing figures despite the fact that people were allowed to leave their homes back then. We're in a Lockdown in Britain. We are required by law to sit inside with little else to do but watch TV - and it STILL didn't manage to get close.
Hmm no tv shows had that kind of ratings anymore.