Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
technobabbler
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by technobabbler »

NBC's Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (just the pilot and maybe 1 random episode).

Buuuuttttt I know it has limited appeal as it hasn't held up well unless you're already a fan or like nostalgia. Buck Rogers will be most appealing if you were a kid growing up in the 70's/80's who caught it during its first run or original syndication.

From the reviews, jokes and cultural references, Chuck sounds like he's around my age. So good chance Chuck caught some episodes when he was a kid too.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

technobabbler wrote:NBC's Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (just the pilot and maybe 1 random episode).

Buuuuttttt I know it has limited appeal as it hasn't held up well unless you're already a fan or like nostalgia. Buck Rogers will be most appealing if you were a kid growing up in the 70's/80's who caught it during its first run or original syndication.

From the reviews, jokes and cultural references, Chuck sounds like he's around my age. So good chance Chuck caught some episodes when he was a kid too.

If he were to cover Buck Rogers in the 25th Century I think he should cover in addition to the pilot movie a random from season 1 (like where they hold him on trial for WW3), and then the season two semi reboot where they leave Earth and maybe do some Hawkman with his intro episode.
Yerushalmi
Redshirt

Post by Yerushalmi »

I'd like to see him review Discovery.

Sadly, they released two episodes at once, which ruins the joke I had in mind:

"All scores are relative to the series, so The Vulcan Hello gets a score of... 5. It's a typical episode of Discovery, considering it's the only one that's been released so far."
raiken_
Redshirt

Post by raiken_ »

I suppose, technically speaking, if they're only two episodes so far then one of them gets a 10 out of 10 and the other a flat 1.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

Wouldn't happen because a) it's not sci-fi, and b) it's a sitcom (although Red Dwarf has been reviewed so a similar approach to that could be taken I guess), but Chuck has referred to it a couple times so it's likely he's a fan, so I think it'd be interesting seeing Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister reviewed.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Just saw Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Will repeat my interest in a Kingsman review.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Yerushalmi wrote:I'd like to see him review Discovery.
And Orville as well.
Thalolli
Redshirt

Post by Thalolli »

I'd love to see something from the Flash tv show or the Supergirl tv show (after all there have been reviews of the animated DC superhero series). Supergirl actually has a decent bunch of episodes that deal with aliens, including aliens at (very heavy handed) metaphor. The one where she dreams of Krypton being still around comes to mind, or the one from season 2 where somebody abducts aliens that live undercover among humans and shoots them into space. Or the one where Luthorcorp wants to sell a device that allows you to tell whether somebody is an alien or not. And Flash has futuretech and time travel (even if the time travel rules are usually really dumb).
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

Thalolli wrote:And Flash has futuretech and time travel (even if the time travel rules are usually really dumb).
To be fair most (if not all) the time travel is due to the Speed Force, so any stupidity with the 'rules' can probably be handwaved as the Speed Force being a Q-esque dick for whatever reason.

If the Arrowverse were to be covered I think to tie in with Chuck's trilogy of specials on the creation of Star Wars he should start with the Legends of Tomorrow episode with George Lucas ;)
Thalolli
Redshirt

Post by Thalolli »

That was a surprisingly cool episode, but I think it would be really hard to explain that without the context of who this Rip guy is and why it's so shocking for them to find him. The moon landing episode was pretty fun as well. (Legends was my favorite of all the DCCW shows last season)