Dragon Age: Inquisition

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Post by hammerofglass »

I always do the bare minimum in the Hinterlands (the refugee side quests and the cult temple), go straight to the meeting as soon as I can unlock it, then do all the recruitment missions, then do Harric's quests, then the Storm Coast, and only then do the rest of the Hinterlands. I honestly think that was the creators' intention and it was just communicated badly.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
bigman6969
Redshirt

Post by bigman6969 »

The Inquisition's weapons are:
--Fear.
--Surprise.
--Ruthless efficiency.
--An almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.
--Nice red uniforms (Oh damn!).
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I'm honestly surprised so many people bothered with the time clock thing when there was a mod to set all the mission times to one second out almost immediately.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

So what exactly was the point of the mission time thing? I don't see any microtransaction thing. The idea that it reflects something in game is absurd given that it doesn't matter if you're doing it while the console is literally off.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Poipoi
Redshirt

Post by Poipoi »

I spent alot of time in the Hitherlands lost. Their maps suck very very much.

Btw I am so glad you are sticking to making this review. Thank you, Chuck.
Let's just say watching your reviews has helped alot last year and the start of this year. I have become the caregiver of two adult people in my family. It took me a whole year just to get a ramp installed. Watching your reviews helped me relax when I had time.
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Post by LordUltimus »

Makes me feel lucky I played with a strategy guide.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

The map thing is something I have to admit I didn't realize was an issue until I saw the video. I always just saw those slopes as challenges for me to Skyrim Shimmy up rather than a "this is not the path moron" thing the devs likely intended.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

TGLS wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:29 pm So what exactly was the point of the mission time thing? I don't see any microtransaction thing. The idea that it reflects something in game is absurd given that it doesn't matter if you're doing it while the console is literally off.
Gives a sense of the Inquisition doing other stuff than what you're doing I suppose, adds a bit of a sense of scale. I didn't bother adjusting the clock, I usually just set up some short missions that would finish whilst I was playing and then set some longer ones going when I'd finished for the day.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

mathewgsmith wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:20 am I'm honestly surprised so many people bothered with the time clock thing when there was a mod to set all the mission times to one second out almost immediately.
Some people played the thing on a console.

TGLS wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:29 pm So what exactly was the point of the mission time thing? I don't see any microtransaction thing. The idea that it reflects something in game is absurd given that it doesn't matter if you're doing it while the console is literally off.
Immersion. Give you a reason to come back regularly. Keep you from getting all the loot at once. Makes you actually weigh who does what when some of them were WAY faster than others.

Mass Effect 3 had something similar where the online mode effected the main game slowly.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

I personally think the time thing wouldn't have been as much of a bother if they were all mostly 10-15 minutes and only the last things on a "mission chain" were an hour long.