Star Trek (DIS): The Wolf Inside

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Star Trek (DIS): The Wolf Inside

Post by CharlesPhipps »

JMS had fairly decent proof that he submitted his Space Station idea to Star Trek before Deep Space Nine but that went nowhere.
BigGator5
Redshirt

Post by BigGator5 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:20 pm JMS had fairly decent proof that he submitted his Space Station idea to Star Trek before Deep Space Nine but that went nowhere.
So JMS went on to make his own show. B5 and DS9 are also nothing alike.

We are currently talking about a guy who wanted nothing to do with Star Trek and elements of his game was lifted wholesale. If I was on this guy's jury, I vote for him against CBS based on what we currently know.
"There are worse things out there, than reptiles." -BigGator5
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Worffan101 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:37 pm I'm not making wild assumptions, buddy. You have that crazy Qanon hashtag advertised in your Twitter profile--a conspiracy theory deeply rooted in antisemitic ideology that's spread and supported mostly by Nazis.

Given that the only people who actually believe in Qanon (and therefore, the only people who would be nuts enough to put it in their twitter profile) are alt-right and actually mentally ill person Roseanne Barr, I think it's safe to assume based on your pro-Trump Twitter background and your promulgation of an antisemitic conspiracy theory that you're an alt-righter, and I don't give people like that pageviews.
:|

Y'know, you could've just not mentioned that you didn't watch the video.

It does seem that you go out of your way to be hostile to people you decide are Alt-Right.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

"Politics on a space station" isn't really a specific enough concept for anyone to claim ownership of.
Mindworm
Officer

Post by Mindworm »

clearspira wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 pm
Mindworm wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:38 pm
mathewgsmith wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:59 pm I gave up any hope of this show having a clue on science in the third episode when Stamets went on a rant about how his research was bridging the previously unknowable gap between physics and biology.

In other words, the writers literally don't know the first thing about biology or that chemistry is even a thing.
They actually wrote that?!? Wow, that's almost as bad as claiming that number theory isn't maths.
Far be it for me to defend STD, but the Traveller's transwarp abilities from TNGs ''Where No One Has Gone Before'' is based off the universe and thought being the same thing - or in other words, the previously unknowable gap between physics and biology. This is actually canon as absurd as that is.
Thank's very much for that. I was trying to purge him and his creepy Wesley fetish from my mind.

More bleach! MORE BLEACH!!!!!!
Soulless minion of orthodoxy.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Steve wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:27 pm
Worffan101 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:37 pm I'm not making wild assumptions, buddy. You have that crazy Qanon hashtag advertised in your Twitter profile--a conspiracy theory deeply rooted in antisemitic ideology that's spread and supported mostly by Nazis.

Given that the only people who actually believe in Qanon (and therefore, the only people who would be nuts enough to put it in their twitter profile) are alt-right and actually mentally ill person Roseanne Barr, I think it's safe to assume based on your pro-Trump Twitter background and your promulgation of an antisemitic conspiracy theory that you're an alt-righter, and I don't give people like that pageviews.
:|

Y'know, you could've just not mentioned that you didn't watch the video.

It does seem that you go out of your way to be hostile to people you decide are Alt-Right.
Meh, I'm tired of that Qanon conspiracy nonsense and I don't care who knows it. If people are going to proclaim their support for a crazy neo-Nazi conspiracy theory that claims that Hillary Clinton, the Illuminati, and "Jewish influence" in the government are colluding with reptilian aliens to run a satanic pedophilia cult out of a pizza restaurant, I think it's entirely reasonable for me to tell them that they're not just idiots, but bigoted idiots.

For reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/QAnon

Tl;dr: I don't think it's at all inappropriate to have someone who openly supports a crazy conspiracy theory on their Twitter page that they're supporting an insane conspiracy theory and therefore probably are way off-base.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Items in someone's signature aren't really on-topic of the episode, the review or of Star Trek in general though, nor is your opinion they are ''bigoted idiots''.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Robovski wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 pm Items in someone's signature aren't really on-topic of the episode, the review or of Star Trek in general though, nor is your opinion they are ''bigoted idiots''.
I think it's entirely relevant to the conversation to point out that somebody's displaying the slogan of a conspiracy theory spread by neo-Nazi propagandists. That casts serious doubt on the reliability of any evidence they bring to the table, just as someone waving a Confederate flag and wearing a KKK hood probably isn't the greatest authority on black issues in the world.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Worffan101 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 am
Robovski wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 pm Items in someone's signature aren't really on-topic of the episode, the review or of Star Trek in general though, nor is your opinion they are ''bigoted idiots''.
I think it's entirely relevant to the conversation to point out that somebody's displaying the slogan of a conspiracy theory spread by neo-Nazi propagandists. That casts serious doubt on the reliability of any evidence they bring to the table, just as someone waving a Confederate flag and wearing a KKK hood probably isn't the greatest authority on black issues in the world.
What does this QAnon insanity have to do with someone claiming that the Discovery writers ripped off a video game creator? I mean, yeah, it's a ridiculous theory, right up there with "The KGB had Kennedy assassinated to undermine Khrushchev" and "Bill Clinton's personal mafia murdered several dozen people in Arkansas before and during his Presidency", but it's not very relevant to the subject? People can believe ridiculous things in one subject and still be rational in others.

If you want to discuss QAnon, make a thread about it in the News forum. This issue is waaaay off topic for this thread and this forum. And that's the last I want to hear about the matter in this thread.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!