Gun enthusiast thread

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: Gun enthusiast thread

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 am Yes you do. You have the right to choose to die. Which is what I'd gladly take over arming ANY day.
I am trying not to attack you, i am trying not to attack you...
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:02 pm It is disturbing that you're still glorifying guns after a mass shooting,
What some asshole did to other people doesn't make me suddenly hate something I love. If you don't share this love, what are you even doing in this thread?
and that more than that, you're still clinging to our shared cowboy fantasy and dreaming of "a good guy with a gun" stopping "a bad guy with a gun" even though at best, they'd have about the same success rate, which is 50/50.
I'd rather have some chance than no chance.
Seems more that you're just afraid the government's gonna come to "steal your guns."
No, I'm afraid they'll kill my ass because of busybodies like you.
Yukaphile wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:03 pm I mean, at least wait a few weeks or a month before posting this kind of shit after so many have died. I may be numb to this kind of conduct now, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna be insensitive about it.
:roll: Anything will always be "too soon." There are still people whining about 9-11 jokes and it's been damn near 20 years. So like I said, if this is a problem for you, feel free to not participate in this thread.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

Is this thread just for personal firearms or does massive artillery and tanks count?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

One final note before I leave. The government, at least a lot of those who work for it, are not some tyrannical body that's gonna come and kill you. It could become that way, but the government is just another form of hierarchy that's systematic to animals, and we can't change that. You may hate the state, but we'll always live in a world that has a state. This is another problem I have with Libertarians. They treat the government as their enemy, and while I'm cautious when dealing with it, it doesn't mean you shouldn't treat them as some kind of hostile foreign enemy. Remember elements of the government fund good works like disaster relief and other good projects. So no, to claim it's all tyranny is 100% false.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

51966823_2136606193073013_574329318948208640_n.jpg
-TR
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

53077602_258448505033176_1164145186159198208_n.jpg
-TR
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

You think that would work in space? I mean there is no air resistance or gravity working against the rpg right?
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

You don't like it Yuka, don't come to this thread. You aren't a MOD, people can post what they like and share their interests. The only conduct you are interested in is where you get attention.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Beelzquill wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm You think that would work in space? I mean there is no air resistance or gravity working against the rpg right?
I don't see why not - but it would be pretty slow.