DIS - Saints of Imperfection

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Maximara
Redshirt

Re: DIS - Saints of Imperfection

Post by Maximara »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:08 am I can't watch it a popup keep showing
On my Mac (10.13.6) I get "The connection was reset" even with ADP turned off via Chorme, Safari doesn't show anything, and FIrefox gives "Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to www.bitchute.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR" regarding the video
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:40 pm Hey guys what is Discovery supposed to be?
Star Trek for people who hate Star Trek, by people who hate Star Trek.
Enterprising
Officer

Post by Enterprising »

BunBun299 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:07 am
Star Trek for people who hate Star Trek, by people who hate Star Trek.
We have a winner.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

BunBun299 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:07 am Star Trek for people who hate Star Trek, by people who hate Star Trek.
Which is a really weird thing to do. Now you have two audiences, and a good chunk of them like very different things.

Seems like that just makes the job of having a wide audience even harder.
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

I like it when a line of dialog can say and imply so much while saying so little, because there a line that Admiral Cornwell says to Captain Pike when talking about Section 31

“Nation building is never pretty”

It is pretty much saying that Section 31 played a critical role in the creation of the Federation, but also paints an interesting picture (for me at least) of how it was done and how this could have affected Captain Archer in Star Trek Enterprise.

One thing about the Romulan War in the Enterprise era that interests me is that nobody knew what a Romulan looked like, Star Trek Picard has given use a really good explanation on how ground troops could have worked in the war, with full armour suits and equipped with those acid tablets that disintegrates a body completely, and Star Trek Online (though Beta material) has expanded on the Black Hole Warp Drives that the Romulans use, that when a Romulan ship is damaged or destroyed the containment field around the black hole can fail (or deliberately turned off) and the ship is sucked into its own singularity.

This does ultimately rase an interesting thought, Starfleet of the Enterprise era had no idea what a Romulan even looked like, that is a big lack of intelligence, and if they even didn’t know that good knows what else the Romulans could be hiding, so an organization like Section 31 would have been instrumental in fighting the Romulans.

I can easily see (especially after Season 3) Captain Archer asking Reed and his contact Harris to perform more information gathering before and in the early years of the Romulan War, but as time continues and more lives are lost in the conflict, I can see Archer having to make hard choices like he did in Season 3, giving Harris more power and more autonomy to do what is needed for the sake of Humanity, this could also extend not just to the war but to anything that would hinder the future of the alliance that will become the Federation.
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."

- Jean-Luc Picard